Oracle Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of interview onsite.
Whole day interview, 10 to 3 PM, 1 hour lunch break
Meet and greet with manager
4 rounds of Technical rounds
Core java, Algorithms, data structure, puzzles, analytical questions, questions from Resume,

Interview Questions

• How did you spend whole day in current company? How much do u code in a day? What is your role and responsibilities?   Answer Question
  • Reverse linked list, Caching, JDMB Connection etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Technical screening was pretty intense (online via InterviewZen). Lasted 45 minutes comprising hands-on programming, and an additional offline assignment that was to be submitted within 48 hours. In-person interviews lasted 5 hours with 5 people. Team was very friendly and cordial through the entire process.

Offline assignment involved writing a Java implementation for a small IMAP RFC (including comments describing what data structures were being used and why). In person interviews were much easier, very general questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Was given detailed requirements to write 4 java programs on InterviewZen. An additional assignment was given to be finished offline and sent back within 48 hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate; would strongly advise otherwise. Please negotiate before joining. Little chance of getting a raise for a few years after joining.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I first spoke to the recruiter who asked basic questions about my current job. Then a phone interview was scheduled, in which I was given 4 programming questions to solve in 45 minutes. interviewzen was used to compile and run the code I wrote.
    At the end of the phone interview I was given a homework assignment to finish and submit within 2 days. I submitted it within a day. After evaluating my submission, I was called for in-person interviews. These were mostly conversation-style interviews with each member of the team. Only one person asked technical design-related questions. Others chatted about what I had done in my earlier jobs and what they currently do in theirs.
    I was told that they would like to make a offer 2 days after the in-person interview. But after that it took 2 months for the hiring process to complete and for the formal offer to come through.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, identify the vowels and reverse the vowels in their position. For eg.
      Input: education
      Output: odicatuen
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very generic high level concepts and past experience
    Around 2 hrs with two people and had a call several month later for second round
    Visa processing and offer came after 5 months

Interview Questions

• Generic web application hosting and Linux environment
      Question about which layer to store business logic
      Why Oracle?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview by hr and she suggested me to review DB and java , linux before real interview .
    the on-site interview started from a paper test then a 3 round of one - on - one test.
    the interview had some basic questions regarding of data structure and algorithm

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2011.

Interview

I was recruited through college hiring process. There were four rounds of interview. Three technical and one HR round.The interview round were of good level and good questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• The difficult question was to print words in numerical figures, which was a good question for a college hire. This question took a lot of time on discussion and good corner cases were provided   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Interview

The interview process was nice and smooth. There was a telephonic round which was for initial screening. Then there was face to face rounds which were technical all along. Different people testing different skills. Finally the HR round.

Interview Questions

• Data structures and algorithm based questions   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There are 2-3 technical rounds and an architectural round followed by managerial and director rounds. A total of 4-7 rounds depends on your Line Of Business. In almost half of the cases all are technical rounds and hardly any non-technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to maintain a soda-machine. Right from penny insertion until purchase log including menu options.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Whatever you get while entering Oracle (in India) will be hardly increased afterwards. The rest is up to you.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oracle in July 2015.

Interview

initially one round Telephonic interview and then three rounds of Technical interviews. Focus will be on technical and logical thinking. You should be technically strong and able to build the credibility