Oracle Senior Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (El Segundo, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

An absolute waste of time. A painful, six month process that involved multiple phone calls with various stakeholders, two in-person interviews, multiple starts and stops (due to RIFs) and compensation promises that were not in any way reflective of the final offer with 50% of compensation tied to an assumption of a minimum 10-hours/week overtime (not under employees control) and a "variable" bonus based on entire company performance that is "ramped" (read: half) for the first year employed. When a candidate provides clear compensation requirements, set the expectation up front, do not come back to them (six months later) with an offer that requires what-ifs to meet your clearly-stated salary requirements

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very methodical and measured. The process followed a set of interviews, both in person and over the phone, at all levels of the organization and roles. Follow up was very good and timely.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle sales qualification and progression in the territory. What were the tools and reports needed to review the opportunity stages.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiters and hiring managers are very professional and responsive. They all replied my emails very quickly and told me exactly what will happen next.

The interviews were typical 3 stages process and took about 3 months to get the offer.

I got an email from the recruiter said she would like to have a call with me to discuss my application. She is very friendly and explained in details what this role is about.

There was a technical interview one week after the screening. The hiring manager is very knowledgeable and knows clearly what type of background and skills he is looking for. He asked very detailed about what I have done in my previous projects and many related technology questions.

I thought I didnt do very well but the recruiter told me that the hiring manager would like to move forward :) The final interview was a presentation to directors, managers and team members. It was very challenging because they played different roles and asked me all kinds of questions. They challenged me on every slide and some questions were very tricky.

I didnt negotiated the package because its what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   Answer Question
    • How do you choose between object and block storage?   Answer Question
    • How do you migrate virtual machines to a different hypervisor?   Answer Question
    • Make sure you know all the details about the projects you have involved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews then travel to Dallas for two days of interviewing. Two meals and 5 one on one meetings, a monitored green room in between and 30 min group presentation (took me 80 hours to prepare).

Interview Questions

• What would you have changed about your presentation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview with individuals: Recruiter, 3 Managers, Presentation for 5 managers / director

The recruiters that work at Oracle are terrible. The communication was horrific. The recruiter said he would offer me 100-120K and then I talked to the hiring manager and he said 85K. The hiring process was painfully long. I literally didn't hear back until 5 months later. I didn't take the job because it paid significantly lower than what the recruiter told me. Also, the recruiter said the traveling would 40 % and it turns out it is 70-80 % according to the hiring manager. The communication at Oracle is awful. So, if you are experiencing any of this, I apologize -- you're not alone!

Interview Questions

• The presentation was the hardest part. A lot of managers will be there.   1 Answer

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke with three people on the phone and then had an in person interview. Spoke to nine people in all. Was told I would receive an offer, but a month later a hiring freeze took place and I went no further. A few months passed and the hiring process opened again, but now they needed someone in a different location.

Next I was referred for a different position and was given the name of a manager who would contact me. That never happened. Another recruiter said she had a third open position to present to me but then stopped returning messages. Very frustrating, drawn out process with no positive outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call from Recruiter. Phone interview by hiring manager. Flight to HQ to give a 20 minute sales presentation on any topic to a group of 10-12 people, followed immediately by a group interview for 45 minutes. Verbal offer was given within 48 hours. Formal offer arrived via email in an additional 10 days due to the background check time. Altogether a very pleasant, organized, and fast process.

Interview Questions

I had another offer for a higher-level position.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Several initial phone interviews followed by in person interviews. The process was efficient even though it took some time. Interview questions were extremely relevant to the topic and helped clarify the job description and requirements. Follow up was sufficient to know where you stood. I think the interview process proceeded as I anticipated it would.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about relevant experience to the job description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached out on Linkedin and connected with Hiring manager (HM); HM took over from here.

A 1 hour phone screen with HM which went over by 45 mins. Mostly behavioral and resume; mainly focused on interactions to explain any technology and ability to tailor messaging based on title of the person you are talking to. We worked through few use cases for the same. He told me prepare presentation on a familiar and unfamiliar tech.

1:1 session with HM and 2 people to present the 2 topics and white boarding exercise on how to engineer business value for increased performance in a system. Same day 1:1 with HM's boss. Mainly behavioral

3 seperate Phone interviews with Sales reps. And Final phone interview with VP.

a verbal offer was provided in 2 days. Formal offer letter took a month since they wait for back ground check to complete before generating offer letter.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Interview

Focused and intelligent. Interview with hiring executive, Sr HR manager, and several peers via telephone. Focus on what was needed in the role and asking how I would fit.

Interview Questions

• Concerned about my high level of experience and becoming unchallenged   1 Answer

Negotiation

Oracle was concerned that I was happy and offered me the upper end of my ask but had no room for additional discussion agree the offer was made