Oracle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Oracle Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Foster City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Company was acquired, the transition was extremely smooth aside from large turn over of original employees and upper management of old company was overhauled. But that was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• They asked if people were comfortable with their company being acquired, sent multiple resources out to our company to ensure everyone was satisfied with the transition.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening. then 6 rounds of interview at onsite. after 3 weeks got a call from senior director regarding the offer negotiation.

Interview Questions

• You have 10 boxes of balls (each ball weighing exactly10 gm) with one box with defective balls (each one of the defective balls weigh 9 gm). You are given an electronic weighing machine and only one chance at it. How will find out which box has the defective balls?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Asked about past experience, past projects, and some algorithmic questions. Not very difficult. People were nice and friendly. Was not asked a question like what's your greatest weakness. Algorithmic questions were on list, hash, bst, etc, plus some basic questions on java and sql.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I am a citizen working in Asia currently. I got two rounds of phone interviews with the company. There are about 3-4 people interviewers on the phone each time. Generally start with an introduction and go right into technical question ranging from basic Java, to algorithm, to IQ question and design questions.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted integer arrays, how do you combine them into one sorted array?   1 Answer
    • Which data structure is one of the most common source of Java memory leaks?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by three rounds of personal interviews. Expect a lengthy process, it took about one month before I got offer in my hand.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to write code on the board, they give you few puzzles to slove.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer low salary at first, I had to bargain to get more salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a manager after having submitted my resume for a specific position. I spoke with him about the position and about his team. A few days later I went in for an interview. The team members seemed to be very sharp and all seemed to get along very well. I was asked specific questions in a number of one-on-one interviews about PL/SQL syntax, using PL/SQL collections, using JDBC in a Java program to iterate through a result set, various considerations when tuning a SQL database, how indexes affect execution plans of SQL, why indexing is important and how B+-tree indexes work.

Interview Questions

• How does a B+ tree index work?   1 Answer

I thought the set of responsibilities assigned to this position was a bit more limited than I was looking for. Also, many of the technologies that were being employed were Oracle-specific and did not really excite me. Some examples are Oracle ADF and BC4J.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I was already an Oracle employee in Brazil and applied for jobs in different product development teams at Oracle HQ through internal iRecruitment (which is also available externally at http://irecruitment.oracle.com). Got contacted for some of those applications but my case required L1 visa sponsorship so not every 1st contact was fruitful. But for this particular one, there was green light for international transfers and I went through the interview phase which basically consisted of 4 formal phone interviews, with 4 different interviewers: 2 other software engineers, 1 product manager, and 1 director. Only the 2 engineers made very technical interviews, basically focused on Java and logic, that lasted for about 1 hour each and had a medium-high difficulty level. The other 2 interviews were more about to know my professional experience and objectives and also to let me know more about the job. After that, I got the positive feedback in about a week and then, in my case, the whole approval process for my job offer took more than a month and then, finally, I could start the real transfer process, which took a couple more months and now I'm here and quite happy so far.

Interview Questions

• Considering a 2-dimension matrix that can only be traversed by 1 adjacent position at a time and never diagonally. Create an algorithm to traverse that matrix from its upper-left corner to its lower-right corner using the shorter possible path in the most efficient way.   5 Answers

Negotiation

In my case, I had to negotiate 2 things: my career level and salary and my relocation package.
    My level in Oracle Brazil was 1 lower than the level asked in the job position and because of the fact I was being transferred they wanted to keep my level which meant a lower salary. I was able to negotiate and come at the right level with a salary within my acceptable range. As for the relocation, we had basically 2 options. The first was a total budget of about 15K USD that would be administered by a third-party contracted by Oracle. The second was a lump-sum of 7.5K USD that I'd receive to cover my own expenses. I was going with the 1st but after I saw the budgets for moving expenses from that third-party company, I decided to go with the 2nd option and in my case it was enough.