Oracle Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied against Oracle's ad on their Job Opportunities page. Got an email from the HR personnel and soon got a call from the hiring manager. It was very friendly and smooth call. Got a technical interview a week later. Luckily that was not very difficult either because my resume matched with the job description, pretty closely. I know they checked out on at least one of the references given. In about 2 weeks there was a call from the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Had to make my own arrangements for travel and that got reimbursed after relatively longer time than you would expect. Interview was mostly to check out communication skills and personality, I guess, because the manager was not really technical in the area. Took about 2 months for them to put together an offer, which seemed rather strange given the initial pace.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any difficult or unexpected question because there was a good match, I guess.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was a bit better than I expected, so there was not much haggling - maybe asked low to start with, but was better than the numbers I researched and found out.