Oracle Smts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Smts Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

1. It was very technical and covered almost all of core java and j2ee
2. Was made to write code for few design patterns, jdbc etc.,
3. algo for stack, queue etc.,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Smts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur Nagar (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Kanpur Nagar (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Problems based on algorithmic puzzles.
    Questions based on resume and projects along with lot of courses based questions.
    Looking for confidence in the way questions are approached.
    They want interviewee to be very truthful.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was one day process for me.
    Continues 4 hours, 4 technical rounds

After that immediately i got call from my manager for salary negotiation.

Luckily after few day i got the offer later.

Please demand more as they are going to negotiate whatever you ask for and be at it.

Interview Questions

• Core java - collections, File I/O, Basic programs, basic Concepts
      Selenium WebDriver
      Logical questions   Answer Question

Smts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

4 technical rounds,1 HR round, Design and scenario based questions. In deep into core java implementation of APIs, Spring questions, programs on String manipulation etc. to test if you are still coding.

Smts Interview

Interview

The interviews are fairly basic and not tough at all.
    The offer letter however takes a lot of time.
    The questions concentrate around SQL and PL SQL
    The offer can not be negotiated on.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I had applied on company database about an year back. HRs never bothered to call me but my manager was diligent enough to take pain to go through the system database herself and then personally called me for the opening.
    The interview process begun with a through technical round, after 2 weeks there was another aptitude round lasting for about 2 hours - this round included about 12 puzzles and brain teasers, after about 3 weeks managerial round was conducted by my current manager which lasted for about 2 hours and questions were technical, conceptual and behavioral. I thought I have gone through but it seems it was just the tip of the iceberg.
    Since, I fell under apparently high salary band for my experience and designation, I was required to go through an additional round with Director of the company. This round was easier than all of the rounds conducted before.
    Now, when I have cleared all the rounds they happen to reckon that all of the rounds conducted till now were telephonic and it was also essential to conduct at least one f2f round. I was based out of Gurgaon and opening was for Bangalore so they asked me to visit their Noida office to get the interview conducted by some lady who was remotely working on similar technologies and was not in the same team or product even.

OK after clearing all these rounds with a pinch of salt, I thought it was finally over. HR called after about 3 weeks of the last interviews, gave me a salary figure which I agreed upon. They asked me to send over my pay slip in which they found that my salary had yearly bonus component which I was getting even more than 100% every year. They decided not to consider this component as my then current salary and reduced my offered package by 2 lac rupees. People normally negotiate over their offered salary and get a higher package but here I am who was negotiating just to get his initially offered salary back.

After negotiation with totally disinterested parties, they agreed on a figure and again went onto hibernation for THREE months before giving me a legally binding offer letter.

The whole process took around 8 months since my first interview to my joining date.

MORAL: Process is painstakingly slow and you got to have hell lot of patience

Interview Questions

• Puzzle round was the most difficult round in which one of the question asked was to "Find top three horses among 25 horses by conducting minimum number of races"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much. Margin of negotiation cannot be more than 10%.
    Fight tooth and nail for the initial offer as the yearly hike in best case scenario is not more than 5%, which is given to just 20% of the total employees

Smts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

The Interview was for Mysql team. It was horrible experience .The interviewer was fake one and just to show that they have interviewed someone.Interviewers was simply passing time. Even after telling that requirements are not matching they continue to grill and harass.They took just as an fun activity. Oracle as an employer has gone to dogs.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Face to Face Tech rounds - 2, Online from Headquarters - 1, Managerial -1.
    First they call over phone and discuss on the relevance of the candidate experience. Following that they will invite for a face to face round. They will take multiple rounds to gauze overall performance. Later one of the onsite peer lead will interview and analyze your technical skills.

Interview Questions

• 1] System programming
      2] Communication and confidence
      3] Problem solving and Design patterns   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

1 written test, 4 tech interview

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

1 round of telephonic and 3 round of direct interview was happened