Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions

3.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through online job board. Recruiter contacted me almost immediately. Manager contacted in 2 days and scheduled 4 hour phone interview. There were 3-4 interviewer and it was done through phone/skype. They were mostly interested in networking background and core programming skills. Mostly focused around the role. The did have a tendency to ask questions from your answers repeatedly. They were not interested much in your learning capacity or personality. The interview was only focused on Technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Revolved around C/C++ programming concepts (dynamic memory allocation, Data structures, inheritance, virtual functions, OOPs concepts)
    Operating Systems (Semaphore, Scheduling)
    Networking protocols especially SIP, RTP and TCP/IP
    Network analyzing tools
    Network/Socket programming
    Protol headers etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by Involver which got acquired by oracle. Had 2 45 min phone interviews. The first interviewer was expecting a short answer and the second interviewer wanted detailed answer . The questions were basic. Before the interview i was going through the involver interview questions. They asked the exact same questions in same order.

Interview Questions

• 1.hash and array difference
      2.explain transaction
      3.get and post
      4.programming question : file with IP and timestamp, order by number of times the IP is listed.
      5.General website workflow.For example what happens when you go to google.com
      4.how would you design to scale up an application
      5.maintainability
      6.extensibility
      7.lazy loading
      8.Indexing speed up the query. having multiple index in table?
      9.what is good comment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process included a brief screening round followed by a Phone interview which included white-boarding session. The interview went well and was asked for an onsite interview. Couldn't make it for the onsite interview. But overall experience was good. The interviewers were polite and one of the question for UDP vs TCP, i couldn't explain so he briefed me on that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Abstract classes and Interface   Answer Question
    • Compute the complexity of programs, was given 2-3 codes and asked to provide to complexity. Explain on how the same can be improved.   Answer Question
    • Was asked to write a Java program that reverse words in a string without using any String default functions   Answer Question