Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. Depends on what team and what position you are interviewing with. I met with three teams at the Oracle HQs in Redwood shores in a single day. Also had a lunch with an alumni of my school. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the time with some basic questions on Java, multithreading and Algortihms.

Interview Questions

• Some teams ask technical(Algorithms and Java) questions while others concentrate on behavioral and communication skills.
    Algorithm question- Print the complete ancestral chain in a given n-Array tree.(You have to print all the parents till the root of each node of a given n-Array tree)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were around four round, the first round was with a hiring manager where he asked questions about my previous experiences. The second round was technical round where I was asked some questions on C++. The third round was with another manager where we discussed about my academic projects. The fourth round was design and coding round where a design question and white board programming question was asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through online job board. Recruiter contacted me almost immediately. Manager contacted in 2 days and scheduled 4 hour phone interview. There were 3-4 interviewer and it was done through phone/skype. They were mostly interested in networking background and core programming skills. Mostly focused around the role. The did have a tendency to ask questions from your answers repeatedly. They were not interested much in your learning capacity or personality. The interview was only focused on Technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Revolved around C/C++ programming concepts (dynamic memory allocation, Data structures, inheritance, virtual functions, OOPs concepts)
      Operating Systems (Semaphore, Scheduling)
      Networking protocols especially SIP, RTP and TCP/IP
      Network analyzing tools
      Network/Socket programming
      Protol headers etc   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Interview

1 pre-screening to discuss general information about me, and then 3 technical interviews mostly related to OS, computer architecture, data structures and java. Finally office visit and meet each member of team for 30 mins each. I met 4 member total of 2 hrs, all was general and technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Which IPC process is better ?
      Why multiple inheritance is not provided in java but it is in c++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by Involver which got acquired by oracle. Had 2 45 min phone interviews. The first interviewer was expecting a short answer and the second interviewer wanted detailed answer . The questions were basic. Before the interview i was going through the involver interview questions. They asked the exact same questions in same order.

Interview Questions

• 1.hash and array difference
      2.explain transaction
      3.get and post
      4.programming question : file with IP and timestamp, order by number of times the IP is listed.
      5.General website workflow.For example what happens when you go to google.com
      4.how would you design to scale up an application
      5.maintainability
      6.extensibility
      7.lazy loading
      8.Indexing speed up the query. having multiple index in table?
      9.what is good comment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process included a brief screening round followed by a Phone interview which included white-boarding session. The interview went well and was asked for an onsite interview. Couldn't make it for the onsite interview. But overall experience was good. The interviewers were polite and one of the question for UDP vs TCP, i couldn't explain so he briefed me on that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Abstract classes and Interface   Answer Question
    • Compute the complexity of programs, was given 2-3 codes and asked to provide to complexity. Explain on how the same can be improved.   Answer Question
    • Was asked to write a Java program that reverse words in a string without using any String default functions   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a former company which got acquired by oracle. Implement parseint().

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 2 technical rounds and one managerial round.
    In the technical rounds all the questions were from core java only. No frameworks.

Instead of asking for the answer of any questions they were asking me to write a sample code and asking me to explain via the code.

Maximum number of questions are scenario based and code based.

Interview Questions

• How to separate 0,1 from an array with given input as 0,1,1,0,1,0,0,1,1 like this ?

How to find if there is a null key in hashmap ?

How to find if a string is anagram or not ??

Write consumer producer program and explain all the concepts used in the code ??

OOPS concepts

Collections

String like why string constant pool ?

Prepare throughly on core java only with little Data base knowledge   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Mexico City (Mexico)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two sets of interviews, the first three interviews on-site to separate the capable candidates from all others, the second set of interviews are specific for each of the teams hiring, if there are 3 teams searching for someone with your profile, you might get interviewed by each of them more than once. All interviews very technical to prove your skills in computer science and software engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult project you have worked on so far? How did you manage to get it done?   1 Answer

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online.
    They contacted me to see if I was interested in the interviewing process, had one phone interview (basic OOP questions), then two on-site interviews and one final phone interview with senior manager from india

Interview Questions

• Basic problem solving questions on first on site interview, on second one problems where more difficult involving threads,exceptions, etc...   Answer Question