Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Software Developer II Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.2

Software Developer II Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a former company which got acquired by oracle. Implement parseint().

Interview Questions

• Nothing. It was the easiest interview in the universe.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by Involver which got acquired by oracle. Had 2 45 min phone interviews. The first interviewer was expecting a short answer and the second interviewer wanted detailed answer . The questions were basic. Before the interview i was going through the involver interview questions. They asked the exact same questions in same order.

Interview Questions

• 1.hash and array difference
      2.explain transaction
      3.get and post
      4.programming question : file with IP and timestamp, order by number of times the IP is listed.
      5.General website workflow.For example what happens when you go to google.com
      4.how would you design to scale up an application
      5.maintainability
      6.extensibility
      7.lazy loading
      8.Indexing speed up the query. having multiple index in table?
      9.what is good comment

Software Developer II Interview

Interview

1 pre-screening to discuss general information about me, and then 3 technical interviews mostly related to OS, computer architecture, data structures and java. Finally office visit and meet each member of team for 30 mins each. I met 4 member total of 2 hrs, all was general and technical discussion.

Interview Questions

• Which IPC process is better ?
      Why multiple inheritance is not provided in java but it is in c++.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

It was a very informal interview but had to wait 3 months for background check and all to clear.
    Questions asked ranged form how good are you in <some subject>. Some analytical skills questions were thrown at random. finally they asked me if I could specify the details of a trial-version software. All in all, it was not much related to the actual work that i did for 3 years.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Initially one or two telephonic rounds followed by f2f rounds. One round with Manager.
    Questions mostly on work experience and the technology worked.

Interview Questions

• Why you are looking for change in a short time with your current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were around four round, the first round was with a hiring manager where he asked questions about my previous experiences. The second round was technical round where I was asked some questions on C++. The third round was with another manager where we discussed about my academic projects. The fourth round was design and coding round where a design question and white board programming question was asked.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. Depends on what team and what position you are interviewing with. I met with three teams at the Oracle HQs in Redwood shores in a single day. Also had a lunch with an alumni of my school. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the time with some basic questions on Java, multithreading and Algortihms.

Interview Questions

• Some teams ask technical(Algorithms and Java) questions while others concentrate on behavioral and communication skills.
      Algorithm question- Print the complete ancestral chain in a given n-Array tree.(You have to print all the parents till the root of each node of a given n-Array tree)

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Pune (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

Out of 4 rounds, first three rounds were technical, 4th round was HR. In first round, asked aptitude questions, technical questions and questions on projects done during engineering/internship. Second round was purely technical.

Interview Questions

• Asked data structure questions (trees).   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Mexico City (Mexico)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two sets of interviews, the first three interviews on-site to separate the capable candidates from all others, the second set of interviews are specific for each of the teams hiring, if there are 3 teams searching for someone with your profile, you might get interviewed by each of them more than once. All interviews very technical to prove your skills in computer science and software engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult project you have worked on so far? How did you manage to get it done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process included a brief screening round followed by a Phone interview which included white-boarding session. The interview went well and was asked for an onsite interview. Couldn't make it for the onsite interview. But overall experience was good. The interviewers were polite and one of the question for UDP vs TCP, i couldn't explain so he briefed me on that.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Abstract classes and Interface   Answer Question
    • Compute the complexity of programs, was given 2-3 codes and asked to provide to complexity. Explain on how the same can be improved.   Answer Question
    • Was asked to write a Java program that reverse words in a string without using any String default functions   Answer Question