Oracle Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by the hiring manager. Soon after we scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour. During that phone interview I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my technical skills. I was also asked general questions about why I wanted to work at Oracle, etc. Following the phone interview, an onsite interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• there was a technical project that needed to be implemented onsite   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

At the college career fair, I talked to people from this company and gave them my resume. After few days, I got an e-mail from a recruiting manager and we scheduled the on-site interview. During the scheduling for the interview, everyone from the company I talked to was so nice. Also the interviewers were so nice too.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a senior in college looking for a full-time position. I gave three interviews over two days at Oracle HQ in Redwood City. All expenses were covered. Overall the interview experience was very good. Most of the interviews consisted of the interviewers talking about the position, and just one or two technical questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Implement a doubly linked list delete operation.
      Given a short C program, find all bugs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite strange. No phone interview, on site interview directly.
    Purchased the flight tickets before getting a schedule of the interview.
    The interview schedule was sent to me just the day before the interview date. No idea what groups to meet when I was taking the flight.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an informational phone call. Then I had an informational onsite lunch. Then I had a phone screen remotely. Then I had an onsite interview that lasted a few hours. There were some coding questions and there were some personality and fit and culture questions. There was also a meeting with the hiring manager and also a meeting with the recruiting department. The lunch was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions

• A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   2 Answers

Negotiation

Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The overall interview experience was excellent. The recruiter was kind and helpful in the process along the way. Oracle has a complete and well-structured procedure on what you need to expect in each step of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences/projects that you find interesting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.