Oracle Solutions Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oracle

3.2

Solution Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

For the first step, I spoke with a company recruiter over the phone. The second step was speaking with the hiring manager over the phone. I was then invited into the office to meet the hiring manager in person. Finally, I was invited back for a mock presentation and another round of interviewing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial, informal interview followed by an on-site where a formal presentation was delivered. The one-on-one was with one group VP; the presentation was delivered to a mixed audience of managers, directors, and VPs. The group of applicants with whom I applied was predominately hired, but I have heard from other groups that only one or two were selected.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my interactions with colleagues in the past.   Answer Question
    • Prepare and deliver a 15 minute presentation in which you sell a solution to a hypothetical customer.   Answer Question
    • Prepare and deliver a 15 minute presentation about a leadership challenge you have faced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was flexibility in salary amount, but other compensation types did not seem flexible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screen with a representative from HR. Then I spoke with the hiring manager on a 30 minute phone call. The final phase was to meet with with 4 people in person across the team for 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle Data Cloud?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me for the Solutions Consultant Academy In February. Spoke to the recruiter by phone and this person seemed to really like me. Then I moved onto a video interview and this person really liked me too and went ahead and scheduled me for an on-site interview in Austin. Had the interview in March and did well on the presentation, which I was told was an integral part of the interview. Was told the position starts in June. Then afterwards I heard absolutely nothing from the company, even with me following up. They just ignored me. So I'm sitting there waiting for months. I thought it was very rude and unprofessional of them not to say anything at all one way or another after going through 3 rounds of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone screen from hr. After that a manager did a phone interview. Last interview was on site. Had to prepare a presentation on a product. The atmosphere was more casual the managers were easy to talk to and the questions were standard.

Interview Questions

• What thought process did you use to put your presentation together.   Answer Question
    • Did you practice your presentation before hand?   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people at once, and asked to do a demo of an application I use. I didn't prepare as well as I should have. They also asked what I was reading to develop myself.

Interview Questions

• How much time did you spend preparing the demo for today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Internal transfer starting with two manager interviews, followed by shadowing someone in the role for two hours, and ending with a technical presentation on an Oracle engineered database system.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Interview

Process consisted of a review with the recruiter, manager meeting, in person presentation and meeting with 2 other managers. The overall process took about 6 weeks from the initial contact to offer.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Interview process took about three weeks total. To hear back took a total of 3 months from initial interview. The recruiters are very good at responding to you to keep you updated during the process. Just hard to have to wait that long . You grow very impatient especially if you have other jobs on the line

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch career paths?   1 Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Originally interviewed at a company which had been acquired by Oracle but not yet been integrated (RightNow). Bit of a bumpy transition mid-process to the Oracle hiring process instead.
    First interview with a very senior director, fairly informal, with another interview the same day with the internal recruiter who had approached me via LinkedIn.
    Having been told I would be invited back, I insisted on having my own separate meeting with one or more members of the team I'd be working with. Ended up meeting two would-be colleagues, separately. I asked for this - it wasn't offered as such, but they were happy to organise it - what a good sign!
    There was supposed to be a second, panel interview with a presentation of my understanding of their business/products, and of how I'd see my first few months, plus a little about 'why me'. i prepped for this, but they had to rearrange it and then they decided to go straight to making me an offer instead. Had it been the standard Oracle process I think they would have had to go through with it regardless.
    Once I'd had the unofficial 'nod', there was a very...long...wait...for contracts to come all the way from Romania. My new boss was very good and rang me every 10 days or so to keep me updated, but it was a good six weeks or so. Having spoken to a newer colleague, they didn't have such a long wait in the 'standard' process, so this may simply have been because of the transition between the acquired company's hiring process and Oracle's hiring process for me.
    There is also an unbelievably detailed background check, using the CV I had originally submitted to the recruiter. They went all the way back to my university to check my degree qualification (over 15 years ago), wanted three business referees, plus two personal referees. They checked every employer and job title I'd had in the last 10 years, which was a bit awkward as my official titles were very vague so hadn't used them on my CV. But this didn't ultimately cause me a problem - a report goes to the hiring manager summarising anything the background check has flagged as an issue.

Interview Questions

• Very little technical stuff, but an in-depth discussion of the sales cycle as seen by a presales consultant, and questions around handling difficult people/situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Oracle has in-house recruiters, and they have fairly pre-set negotiating parameters. They will NOT offer more than about 15% over what you're already earning, so make sure you present your existing package as favourably as possible. More negotiation on the bonus pool size, and benefit points allocation.