Oracle Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Oracle Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 19, 2017

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Absolutely unprofessional. Cancelled several calls without notice for weeks and then just disappeared without any excuse.

Mostly filled with recruiters in the talent acquisition in Romania who clearly don't have any training in hiring or handling candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can we reschedule for next week? and then cancel and not tell you.   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Handled by Pareto, group interview featuring small introduction in front of other applicants and members of oracle management, followed by a few group tasks and then a 3 minute presentation about why you wish to work for oracle & want a career in technical consulting. Successful applicants were then required to do an interview, discussing usual topics.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Extremely regimental, I felt that they were picking me apart from the moment I walked in. 40 candidates at one assessment centre, this is far too many! Good group activities. Half of candidates were sent home after presentations. Current employees were not particularly approachable and were not welcoming. Management who interviewed me were even worse, straight faced, blunt and zero encouragement. No sense of humour. I knew immediately this was not a company I would like to work for. Companies preach so much about their values, yet this seemed a company that does not seem to practice them. Also, they said they would contact you with feedback by telephone whether you were successful or not in the job. I never received this phone call.

Graduate Consultant Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through Pareto (Recruitment Firm) invited to attend an Assessment Centre in Reading. About 40 candidates there .
    Everyone introduced themselves and stated their greatest non-academic achievement.
    Group Tasks - too many people on a boat, who should stay on it & rank 15 items in order having crash landed in a desert via plane.
    3 min pitch to management why you want a career in consulting and why Oracle.
    Half the candidates leave at lunchtime.
    Afternoon consist of Q&A with current graduates, but throughout the day you go off for a 30 min interview with the manager/director of the service line that you have chosen.
    Once all candidates have been interview, the 20 of us got split into 3 groups to be told of the outcome. Some will start in March as they have graduated, some undergrads to start in July and the remainder were unsuccessful.
    Lunch was provided, I don't think travel was expensed but I never asked.

Some people were told that they were successful but formal offers wouldn't be made until April/May because it depended on Oracle's performance in the quarter to determine whether they needed extra capacity to take us on. Found this odd because we were successful but no definite offer has been made.

Interview Questions

• Pitch - why I want a career in consulting and why I choose Oracle.   Answer Question

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Whilst looking for a job I asked a friend and ex-college of mine to upload my CV to Oracle's recruitment website. Searching through the open jobs is difficult as there are thousands of open positions.
    Thankfully an Oracle Corporate Recruiter found me to be a good match for a role and contacted me.
    He contacted me on the Monday, on the Tuesday I had an interview call with the manager, on the Thursday follow-up interviews with a member of the team and one with a Sales Director.
    Then the following week I had a face to face on the Tuesday with the manager and an offer that evening.
    The Recruiter was engaged with me throughout the processes.
    I've just finished my first week :)

Interview Questions

• What stages of a sales opportunity are you used to being engaged in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy to accept the offer which was I felt a fair offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

I Got the role in oracle through an acquisition, so I didn't interview with oracle. You initially have to submit your CV through the taleo system and likely that an internal recruiter speaks to you first.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Somehow it was long hiring process. First a generic interview in english then a technical interview. The technical interview ended with a written programming test covering the areas specified in the job ad. The hiring guys used to be very nice - overall it was a pleasant experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Was 100% fit for the role! Had more responsibility then what was advertised in my current job! Recruiter felt I was fit and wanted to fast track interview.

But no interview came, Oracle recruiters are too chicken to come back to potential hires that either they are not interested or there has been a hiring freeze! Even if he comes back I will tell him to stuff his job! If this is how this company treats potential hires then I don't want any part of it!

Bad bad HR

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was approached by an internal Oracle recruiter. At the time I was working for a competitor but advised I was looking to move to a new region and would be interested if an opportunity presented itself. After many months of flirting with the idea, I took the plunge and organized my first phone interview, which led onto my first F2F, which was followed by another F2F with two members of the team I would be joining. After this, it took approximately over a week to be informed I wasn't being considered. I was approached again by Oracle for another opportunity in another region, and this process was the longest and most disjointed process ever. After several phones call's, skype interviews and a number of emails back and forth, I was informed 3 months into the process they were hiring internally.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation you had to lead the conversation and challenge the customer?   1 Answer

CX Applications Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

2 Phone interviews and a face to face with the hiring manager, then a board presentation. Very straight forward with no catches. Oracle look for sales skills and territory, domain experience. technology is second as that can be learnt.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the territory, what would you 30, 60, 90 day plan be?   1 Answer