Orange County (California) Real Estate Appraiser Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orange County (California) Real Estate Appraiser Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Orange County (California)

1 Interview Review

Real Estate Appraiser Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Orange County (California) (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They accept applications for one day normally (about May) receiving more than 200 applicants. Hiring process takes 5 months and they hire 5-20 trainees. First a stoic panel interview that left me scratching my head. They don't ask anything about you or your experience. I made it onto the "A" list then a second typical type interview that started with "congratulations..." leading me to think I was in. At the end I asked about the pay and benefits but don't since I learned HR will contact you if you get through. I applied the following year being better qualified and prepared but only made it onto a B list after the panel interview. One interviewer recognized me as being there the year before ;P I noticed lots of pencils (not pens) throughout the interview process. Their rejection notice was vague and I'm not sure what they are looking for which is frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Panel:
    describe a current construction project near you
    name some things that would add value to a home
    how would you respond if a property tax payer called saying they couldn't pay their bill
    this is an entry level training job, describe some recent training you've had
    describe the current OC real estate market and how that affects the assessor's office (written)
    2nd interview:
    what are your skills
    name something about your current job you don't like   Answer Question