Orange County Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orange County Schools Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.9

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Orange County Schools.

Interview

I went to a job fair. I had an outstanding interview with this particular school. It was the only real interview of the 5 I had. Most asked questions from a paper. The school I ultimately chose was the only one where they tried to get to know me as a person to determine how I would be as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to students? How do you motivate kids? Describe a period in your classroom.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL).

Interview

One interview, multi-person (5 on 1). Average questions, nothing too difficult especially if you've taught before. Two of the people on the hiring panel didn't even contribute questions.

Interview Questions

• The usual instructional questions, like, "How would you explain.....?"   Answer Question

Senior Planner Business Continuity & Emergency Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was requested to be in person. I was not available to attend in person, a phone interview was offered.

The phone interview was with a panel of 5. The questions were mostly about 4-5 EM procedures and management type practices.

The drive into downtown Orlando is ridiculous. At least an hour each way

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

When being interviewed it was round table style. I have 4 managers from each area in ocps. They took turns asking questions. Some were personal, for an ice breaker. some were tech related. Lets be honest, they probably Google searched you and found your Facebook profile before you even walked in the door, so be careful.

Interview Questions

• What is UAC and what does it do.   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a teacher or principal that keeps coming to you for help but won't put on a tech request?   1 Answer

Emergency Management & Business Continuity Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

First round Interview with HR and standardized questions. Second round interview, I was asked to develop a presentation to present and I had a deadline to submit. During my second interview It was all people from within the department I was going to work in and other departments I was going to work with and berated with questions for an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict among co-workers or your manager?   Answer Question
    • Can you take over and direct projects already in progress?   Answer Question
    • What do you think some of our concerns on hiring you are?   Answer Question
    • What are your morals and how do they align with the School Board's morals?   Answer Question

Biology Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Apopka, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Created a profile at the OCPS website. Received responses in about a week or less. The process will be much faster if you already have received a statement of eligibility to teach in your field.

HS Language Arts Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and emailed my resume and cover letter directly to the principal and secretary. I received a call from the secretary the following day to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the principal. The interview was about 7-10 questions (20 mins) about teaching philosophy, classroom management, past experiences, relationship with colleagues, managing diversity, and time management. I was hired on the spot, and then had to attend a pre-orientation, which consisted of the usual paperwork. I also had to get fingerprinted and take a drug test. After being cleared about two weeks later, I was invited to attend a 3 day orientation to be held before I report to the school for pre-planning.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance workload, school activities, and obligations outside of work?   Answer Question

Math Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orange County Schools in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a bunch of schools of my choice online, and received three calls within a few days. I interviewed with two schools, they both said they'd call my references and get back to me. One of them got back to me that evening and offered me the job. I told them I needed the weekend to think about it and called Monday and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What percent of your students failing is acceptable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A brand new teachers base pay is pretty much set.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewers consist of three people going back and fourth with a list of questions. I was asked how you deal with students who have behavior problems. How do you handle stressful situations. How do you communicate with staff and parents. Interview was easy.

Schoolsite Instructional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orange County Schools (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

If was very brief typically involves a principal and ap. They had a set of questions that they read through fairly quickly. The interview had a friendly tone. They jotted down key words as I spoke and offered the job at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions primarily focused on lesson planning, behavior management and differentiation.   1 Answer