Orange Lake Resorts Chef De Cuisine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Chef De Cuisine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orange Lake Resorts (Brownsville, VT) in January 2011.

Interview

Varies from hiring chef to chef. First you must past an HR pre-screening. Well spoken and friendly attitude is key attribute. Then more that likely you will be interview by the Executive Chef asking from a range of managing scenarios managing styles, financials and cooking techniques and executions. You will be asked to perform a demo and possibly another set of interview question inquiring your though process with your food. There will be a substance and background screening performed also.

Interview Questions

• They will ask personality questions where this is no clear answer to the question. They will give you a scenario, ask for the outcome and also ask what the desired out come of the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation are very limited as a intra-company promotion. They give you an offer letter and then to hold very firm what their perceived market value of you. I've had an opportunity where I was asked to take on another roll and the made much more conversation. There was a few back and forth but stayed professional without issues until we were able to come to an agreement.