Orbital ATK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbital ATK Interview Questions

Interviews at Orbital ATK

2.6

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orbital ATK.

Interview

great interview. detailed questions and prompt to respond with positive feedback. i enjoyed the process. I got a call back within a few days with great news. thanks to the HR manager who made this process go smooth.

Interview Questions

• they asked me if why I wanted to advance my career and what skills I would like to refine   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Elkton, MD).

Interview

Spoke with a representative at university career fair. Interviewed on campus the next day. Heard back from the Elkton, MD branch about 2 months later and had a phone interview with two manufacturing engineers. They mainly talked about the position and asked me behavioral questions. Very easy going. They flew me in to interview in person three weeks later during which they gave me a tour of the facilities and told me more about what they do. I got a call the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very typical - worked with the HR folks to discuss benefits and security (PTO and holidays, medical, vision, dental, 401K) then proceeded to the technical folks (three rounds).. very free flowing and refreshing

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Layton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Layton, UT).

Interview

Interview process went as expected. There were questions then tour. That was enjoyable. During the offer a used car salesman tactic was attemted. Agreed to a salary, then took 10 percent away.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Phone Interview with principal recruiter and two engineers. Seemed pretty informal, it was a get to know you kind of interview, nothing too difficult. Just be yourself. Still waiting to hear back from them a couple weeks after I initially interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Leadership positions on resume (fraternity and student government). Also, they asked basic working in a team questions (i.e. what role do you play, follower/leader, dealing with difficult people).   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair, and was scheduled for an in-person interview the following day. After this interview, I was connected with a group manager, who wanted to speak on the phone to see my fit in the group. This second "interview" was very informal, and I received the offer on the line.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you faced a challenge when working in a group, and how you faced that challenge.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer/Design Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Magna, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Magna, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for a design technician job online and was contacted about 4 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Basic STAR questions talking to 3 engineers, nothing technical. About 2 weeks later I received a request for an in-person interview in Magna, which was scheduled for about 10 days out. They paid for the flight/hotel/rental car and reimbursed my food expenses. In person interview was casual, 4 engineers (2 of the same) asking more STAR/resume questions. Seemed really like a time for me to ask questions. Nothing technical. Quick tour of the facility, and then I was off (less than 1 hour interviewing total). Got an offer 2 weeks after that for a Mechanical Engineer position, a better job than I had applied for originally, and had 1 week to decide.

Interview Questions

• When have you changed an approach based on customer feedback?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbital ATK.

Interview

Interviewed following an on campus career fair the day after. Very conversational and simple interview with behavioral questions and simple resume check. Don't get too anxious if you don't hear back for a while. I interviewed in January and didn't hear anything back until almost April, but ended up getting the exact department and group I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK in April 2018.

Interview

30 minute interviews with five people consecutively. Each person had their own set of questions usually relating to what I listed on my resume. Was for an entry level position so only was asked about soft skills. Any technical questions were easy because they asked me to clarify a process I used on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a systems engineer does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Daytona Beach, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Laid back, interviewers were friendly definitely knew what they were talking about. Most questions seemed like they were made up on the spot. Thought I did okay but ghosted by my recruiter afterwards she never answered phone calls or emails.