Orbital ATK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orbital ATK

2.7

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted about two weeks after submitting an online application. A recruiter emailed me a pre-screen word document which I filled out and returned the next day. Within about a day the hiring manager contacted me via email to schedule a face to face interview. I interviewed the following week and received an offer about 3-4 business days later.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much just went through my resume and peppered me with questions about each skill, experience, and certification. Also what do I know about Orbital and why this industry.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK in April 2018.

Interview

30 minute interviews with five people consecutively. Each person had their own set of questions usually relating to what I listed on my resume. Was for an entry level position so only was asked about soft skills. Any technical questions were easy because they asked me to clarify a process I used on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a systems engineer does?   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Great interview! Four different people interviewed me each for 30 min. The interviewed totaled 2 hours. They flew me in, payed for hotel and rental car. Fantastic experience. Mostly soft skills assessment; they did not really ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions really, more general questions and assessment of soft skills.   Answer Question

Software Development Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Quick and right to the point asking detailed technical questions for the position applied.
     The questions were related to UI development, Java persistence using Hibernate and Oracle database experience. Questions related to Oracle PL/SQL were in regards to Procedure, Package, Functions development and several questions related to SQL syntax.

Interview Questions

• Name any Java Design patterns you used in prior experience and how you used them.
      Give an example of a data grid that is editable in Sencha Extjs.
      Give an example of a Hibernate query.
      What is the Default loading type of Hibernate   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then proceed to face to face interview with hiring manager. Last face to face with other management. Was offered to have lunch with Co workers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do think you fit with the job   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orbital ATK in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was short and in person. Mostly behavioral questions, with a combination of questions about my previous work and the person I am. The interview was also more back and forth, with the interviewer asking me some questions and expecting questions to be asked as well.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with an engineer at a university career fair and had a great conversation. After submitting my resume, they called me back a few days later to set up a formal one on one interview. This interview was with a hiring rep who asked behavioral questions. Unfortunately, he couldn’t really answer my technical questions about engineering at Orbital.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work on a team with differing opinions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orbital ATK in April 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume online. Received a follow-up email a month and a half later to check for continued interest. About 3 months after that, I got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with the department manager. Conducted the phone interview a week later (approximately 50 minutes long) and got the offer 3 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Nearly every question was some variation of "We deal with _____ here on the job, tell us about a time you dealt with _____ and how you responded."   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbital ATK in November 2017.

Interview

Had one interview with the manager of the group in need of an intern. It was very informal and we talked about the accomplishments and projects on my resume. The interviewer expressed interest in my work and skills and I was able to ask the interviewer about what sort of work I'd be doing at the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Orbital ATK (Dulles, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online at the beginning of May 2015. During mid May got a phone call from HR recruiter to set up a phone interview with hiring manager.

Hiring manager was polite but one could tell that he was multitasking while talking to me

Interview Questions

• What have projects at school have you worked on?
      What programming languages do you code in?   Answer Question