Orbital Sciences Interview Questions in Chandler, AZ | Glassdoor

2.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Program Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. We went over my qualifications and talked for a bit after, the whole thing was over in about an hour. The only qualm I had was that the interview started a bit late. Not really a bit issue, just something I noticed since I like to be punctual.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Interview

I interviewed at the Chandler AZ place. I spoke with a variety of groups. First an HR representative (went over benefits package), then Dave Weddle (Engineering Manager). Then I lost track of who I met, because there were so many, and the email I got only listed two names.

I got a tour of the facilities, and spoke with some people about systems and some people about components, then with another manager. They all asked about my resume, and questions about what kind of job I wanted (how I wanted to specialize). That was tricky for me, because as a soon-to-be college grad, I don't have the experience to have picked a specialty. Several asked me how I deal with conflict. They were the most interested by the projects I listed on my resume (they were all class projects, since I have no job experience).

A couple times, I was shown a circuit diagram and asked to talk about it. I pointed out the components whose symbols I recognized. They highlighted certain areas and asked me to discuss them. Some I got and some I didn't, but in all cases I tried to articulate my thought process aloud.

The process took four hours, although I'd expected it to be three. I was told that I could expect to hear from HR within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Contacted via recruiter who set up interview with hiring manager. Standard STAR behavioral interview questions, How do you deal with such and such situation, etc. Flown to site for group interviews, these were more technical and informational by telling what responsibilities role would have. Reimbursed for all travel.

Interview Questions

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Chandler, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process and questions were well formulated. I thought the actual hiring process took too long. However, this may have been possibly due to the added on background check agency and the length of time taken by them to complete the check.

Negotiation

I negotiated but to no avail.