Orbital Sciences Launch Vehicle Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Launch Vehicle Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallops Island, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orbital Sciences (Wallops Island, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I have actually been interviewed several different times by hiring managers finding my resume in their database. They will sometimes just call without an HR person setting it up. I've learned to let it go to voicemail first and call them back so I can be more prepared.

For the Launch Vehicle Systems Engineer position the actual hiring manager called me based on resume in the system. Interview was just a get to know you and your experience, very informal and light phone interview.

Phone conversation was mainly telling me all about NSROC program and what position entailed.

She also talked a lot about Wallops Island, making sure as a candidate I would be prepared to live in the middle of nowhere, I suppose they have trouble keeping their engineers in such an isolated area???

Was told I was top two candidates and then never heard back even after several messages. That was a little frustrating, but overall it was a good experience to learn Orbital's interview process.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate to Wallops Island?   Answer Question
  • Would you be willing to take a lower salary?   1 Answer