Orbitz Worldwide Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbitz Worldwide Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a waiting game. No prompt reply to emails nor phone calls. After the day of some major event in Chicago, I was supposed to be interviewed in the morning but it happen that nobody called for the phone screening. I was called the next day with a strange excuse but we gonna say that I believed them (So unprofessional!!!).

I was invited to in-person interview. It went pretty well beside one person of the panel who took all answers as a treat to his service. It seems like he didn't want any change and apparently wasn't interested in good IT governance. He was wearing a horrible soccer jacket that made the interview even harder.

I could recall one person of the panel who was very knowledgeable. She knew exactly was she was doing and what she was asking (She was the hiring manager). She was being promoted as she really deserved it. Otherwise the rest of the panel spent more time talking about the beers in the fridge than the job itself ping pong table.

At the end I am glad that I didn't get the job because you want to be surrounded by professionals and not people who pretend.

Interview Questions

• 1. You want to talk about yourself for each individual.
    2. Know the story of the company, educate yourself on the technology they use.
    3. Depending on the position, there will be a person who will challenge you technically.
    4. Show that you want job of the person you interviewing for, it will show you hungry.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant and efficient. I applied online and within two weeks scheduled an initial phone screening with an HR recruiter. We then moved forward with a phone interview with the hiring manager within two days, and I flew in for the in-person interviews (5 interviews, each with a separate team member) the following week. Hiring decision was made that day, and I received the offer the next business day. Throughout the process the HR manager kept me well-informed and the entire team was lovely and energetic. I couldn't wait to join them!

Interview Questions

• 1) Excel exam - tell me something interesting about this data (very vague - but fun in that way!)
      2) Favorite loyalty/engagement program and why
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday, HR Phone interview on Friday, Hiring manager phone interview on Monday, in person interview on Friday (5 one-on-one interviews back-to-back). Received offer following Tuesday. Entire process was 15 days from applying to receiving offer. Personality test as well as technical/job related skills test. It was a very intense process, but overall I found it to be positive and generally pretty informal.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the website, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was unable to negotiate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in July 2014.

Interview

The initial start of the interview process was a 30 min phone screen with the HR contact. From there a 30 min. phone interview was scheduled with the Hiring Manager. Based on that performance an on-site interview with 3 indivduals within the dept and fourth/final interview was an actual assigtment to be completed highlighting what the roles and responsiblities would be of the position.

Interview Questions

• Having the opportunity to do a project was a new expeirence for me, but gave a lot of insight into what the role would actually entail and thought it was a great idea for all parties involved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview started with a standard phone interview. Then I met with four team members individually. Each asked their own questions including problem solving questions based on reports used during day to day activities of the position. Everyone one was welcoming and asked great questions. After the interview I was asked to complete an online personality test. This was the hardest personality test I have taken as it included problem solving questions. Great communication throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The most unique parts of the interview were the personality test and problem solving questions during the interview. There is not really way to prepare.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email regarding my resume (Tuesday). They requested a phone interview. Two days later, I had a 30-minute call with the hiring manager (Thursday). Went in the next week for consecutive interviews with three different individuals. Offer was made the next day!

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge you face in your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Amazing offer. No need to need to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Was contacted via email for two interviews. Interview room was glass wallled, zero privacy and in a busy corner of the office. First interview with manager was OK, although interviewer hadn't reviewed my resume and not very prepared. Second interview was with VP, very cold and unfriendly. Pretty standard questions, strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes at current job, etc. No questions from left-field, few hypotheticals. Interview ran overtime and was told would be in touch, haven't heard anything... Sent inquiry for update about a week after, no response. C'est la vie.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

First did phone interviews with the recruiter and the hiring manager. Then went for an in-person interview with 3 separate people. They were eager to fill the position and I was a good fit, so the interview was pretty easy. Standard questions - why I wanted to leave my old job, why this job sounded interesting, what experience do I have related to this job, etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made a good offer, so I didn't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview process was with 5 team members, including hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are your best and worst qualities when managing multiple projects at the same time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was an acceptable offer, no need to negotiate.