Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The on-site interview includes 2 rounds. The first round asked me some behavior questions, like how to deal with the relationship between you and colleages or you and supervisors. And the second round asked me some technical questions like Java basic and algorithm. And I was given a paper to wirte down the pseudocode about the question.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met the recruiting team on campus and had a campus interview the next day. The questions were some typical behavior questions plus two basic algorithm questions. Then I was moved forward to the next step to complete a coding challenge within 2 days and had the onsite interview finally. There were two stages in the onsite interview. One was behavior and the other was technical. The technical problems weren't so hard, just make sure that you present your idea clearly.

The people there were really kind and nice. I felt comfortable during the whole interview process and didn't felt stressed nor exhausted. However, I decided to accept another company's offer so I decline it.

Interview Questions

• What's your stressed out experience and how did you solve that?
      Have you ever planned out something and achieved that goal successfully?
      How do you handle conflicts with your teammates?
      Given two strings s and t, determine if they are isomorphic.
      Given some constraints, check the validity of a password.
      Construct Binary Tree from Preorder and Inorder Traversal
      Some questions about hashmap.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter in job fair and received a call to setup on-campus interview. It was a panel interview with two very rude and unprofessional interviewers. When you show up to the interview, it will be 2 on 1 interview. They asked some basic behavioral questions then give you a coding quiz. During the quiz, one of the interviewers was very rude and kept trying to provoke you into a verbal sparring match. Very unprofessional and condescending infantile attitude. Lack of discipline is apparent in interviewer attitude. Interviewers should respect people as people. Recommend people steer clear of this one.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I got the interview from our school job fair. Then they gave me a on campus interview. The questions are about algorithm like linklist,arraylist, and binary tree. If you do not know how to do it, just try to follow the interviewer and try to solve the question. And they will ask the time complexity as well.

Interview Questions

• how to verify password is valid   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It's an on-campus interview, one hour, 15 min behavior, 45 min technical, mainly data structures. However, the technical interview lasts 1 hour or so. The behavior mainly asked about what's the experience being in a group as a lead and as a member. The technical interview mainly show the interviewer what data structure would you use to address different problems, such as hashmap, linkedlist, array, etc.

Interview Questions

• One interesting question is that what data structure would you use to design an least used cache (LSU).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, 45 minutes, half behavior, half technical.

For the behavior part, most challenging project; how you would lead the team; how would you cooperate with others;

for the technical part, some string manipulation, lru cache.

The interview was going well, and I passed the first round, but got rejected the second round, which was a offline coding assignment.

Interview Questions

• most challenging project; how you would lead the team; how would you cooperate with others; some string manipulation, lru cache.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Quite extensive, 1 recruiter through linkedin, 1 tech phone screen, then a 4 hour onsite interview with multiple teams. Personality fit, skills review and several team leads interviewed to match up with their teams.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specifically was difficult, very basic details about programming, process logic and markup.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick. The recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and after introductions scheduled a phone screen. After the initial phone screen with the recruiter was a technical phone interview with two or three developers. The next stage is generally a code test, though that may be waived depending on various factors. Lastly was a 3.5-4 hour in person interview in the office. This interview generally has 3 or 4 parts, some more technical than others and may depend on the specific role under consideration.

Interview Questions

• Given an input that consists of two parts, the first being a string representing the layout of an airplane's interior (like "ABC$DEF" where the "$" represents the aisle) and the second being a list of strings that indicate which seats are occupied on a given row, produce an output that shows which seats are open and which are occupied. The output had a specific format.   Answer Question
    • A burglar is attempting to maximize the amount taken from a set of houses on a street. However, the burglar cannot steal from consecutive houses. First, how would you maximize the amount taken from the houses if no values are known ahead of time? Second, if values are known ahead of time, how would you maximize?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a waiting game. No prompt reply to emails nor phone calls. After the day of some major event in Chicago, I was supposed to be interviewed in the morning but it happen that nobody called for the phone screening. I was called the next day with a strange excuse but we gonna say that I believed them (So unprofessional!!!).

I was invited to in-person interview. It went pretty well beside one person of the panel who took all answers as a treat to his service. It seems like he didn't want any change and apparently wasn't interested in good IT governance. He was wearing a horrible soccer jacket that made the interview even harder.

I could recall one person of the panel who was very knowledgeable. She knew exactly was she was doing and what she was asking (She was the hiring manager). She was being promoted as she really deserved it. Otherwise the rest of the panel spent more time talking about the beers in the fridge than the job itself ping pong table.

At the end I am glad that I didn't get the job because you want to be surrounded by professionals and not people who pretend.

Interview Questions

• 1. You want to talk about yourself for each individual.
      2. Know the story of the company, educate yourself on the technology they use.
      3. Depending on the position, there will be a person who will challenge you technically.
      4. Show that you want job of the person you interviewing for, it will show you hungry.   Answer Question

Hotel Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Called two weeks later to set up a phone interview the next day.
    -4 One on One interviews for two hours

Very postive interview, more conversational then actually basic interview questions. Really enjoy the opportunity to join.

Rejection email after one week. So quite process.