Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbitz Worldwide Interview Questions

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was relatively quick. The recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and after introductions scheduled a phone screen. After the initial phone screen with the recruiter was a technical phone interview with two or three developers. The next stage is generally a code test, though that may be waived depending on various factors. Lastly was a 3.5-4 hour in person interview in the office. This interview generally has 3 or 4 parts, some more technical than others and may depend on the specific role under consideration.

Interview Questions

• Given an input that consists of two parts, the first being a string representing the layout of an airplane's interior (like "ABC$DEF" where the "$" represents the aisle) and the second being a list of strings that indicate which seats are occupied on a given row, produce an output that shows which seats are open and which are occupied. The output had a specific format.   Answer Question
    • A burglar is attempting to maximize the amount taken from a set of houses on a street. However, the burglar cannot steal from consecutive houses. First, how would you maximize the amount taken from the houses if no values are known ahead of time? Second, if values are known ahead of time, how would you maximize?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a waiting game. No prompt reply to emails nor phone calls. After the day of some major event in Chicago, I was supposed to be interviewed in the morning but it happen that nobody called for the phone screening. I was called the next day with a strange excuse but we gonna say that I believed them (So unprofessional!!!).

I was invited to in-person interview. It went pretty well beside one person of the panel who took all answers as a treat to his service. It seems like he didn't want any change and apparently wasn't interested in good IT governance. He was wearing a horrible soccer jacket that made the interview even harder.

I could recall one person of the panel who was very knowledgeable. She knew exactly was she was doing and what she was asking (She was the hiring manager). She was being promoted as she really deserved it. Otherwise the rest of the panel spent more time talking about the beers in the fridge than the job itself ping pong table.

At the end I am glad that I didn't get the job because you want to be surrounded by professionals and not people who pretend.

Interview Questions

• 1. You want to talk about yourself for each individual.
      2. Know the story of the company, educate yourself on the technology they use.
      3. Depending on the position, there will be a person who will challenge you technically.
      4. Show that you want job of the person you interviewing for, it will show you hungry.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Screening phone call
    2. Call from recruiter to schedule call with hiring manager
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager
    4. Call from (a different) recruited to schedule the in-person interview
    5. In-person interviews with hiring manager and colleagues (committee approach)
    6. Call from recruiter two weeks later to share that would be moving forward with another candidate

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this pencil? - classic   1 Answer
    • They spent a lot of time asking about my sales process and account management process, how I've dealt with failure. It was your basic behavioral-based interview.   1 Answer

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. In one month after that I got an email that they asking to schedule phone interview. Recruiter was very busy, she asked about time in 1-2 weeks. On the interview date I got a phone call early in the mornig (due to 2 hour difference between CA and IL), when I wasn't expected it, so I asked to call me back later.
    The interview was not bad, but I think that recruiter could be more polite.
    In one or two (more likely) weeks they sent me an email that they would go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are interesting in our company?
      Why are interesting in this position?
      Tell me about your background and other.   Answer Question

Hotel Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Called two weeks later to set up a phone interview the next day.
    -4 One on One interviews for two hours

Very postive interview, more conversational then actually basic interview questions. Really enjoy the opportunity to join.

Rejection email after one week. So quite process.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was excellent! There were discussions of how the fraud analyst job would be like and what the expectations would be like working with Orbitz Worldwide. I enjoyed the expectations and wanted to succeed the expectations of Orbitz and make myself a very qualified candidate for them.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process started with a quick screening phone interview then proceeded into what ended up as seven different interviews (two trips into the office). These interviews included a FaceTime interview, 1:1 face-to-face interviews and a conference call. The whole process spanned over 3 months and seemed pretty positive. After all that, they decided to go with an internal candidate. It was very frustrating in the end.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter who said he believes my skills match up with the role and it is good I have the technical background as that is what they are looking for. He said I would hear back the following week after speaking with the hiring manager and this was a 2 step process - a phone interview and then an in-person interview. I didn't hear back. I emailed to follow up and then received an email that they were going with another candidate whose skills more closely matched the role. I emailed the recruiter inquiring what skills were missing and I was told the position requires a development background. No specific details were provided as to what exactly this meant or what exactly I was missing. (This development requirement is not listed as a requirement on the job posting.)
    Very disappointing as I had every other qualification listed except for a few specific programs that can easily be learned. No one has every single skill for any given position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant and efficient. I applied online and within two weeks scheduled an initial phone screening with an HR recruiter. We then moved forward with a phone interview with the hiring manager within two days, and I flew in for the in-person interviews (5 interviews, each with a separate team member) the following week. Hiring decision was made that day, and I received the offer the next business day. Throughout the process the HR manager kept me well-informed and the entire team was lovely and energetic. I couldn't wait to join them!

Interview Questions

• 1) Excel exam - tell me something interesting about this data (very vague - but fun in that way!)
      2) Favorite loyalty/engagement program and why   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orbitz Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First there was a phone screening and then an in person interview about a week later. Scheduling was difficult because they kept changing the available times to come in. They also kept changing which shifts were available. There were two guys and one woman who interviewed me. The guys were more conversational and sounded like they had taken the time to read my resume. The woman read from a list of standard interview questions.

Negative opinion because of the way they kept changing the interview and position availabilities.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult coworker/supervisor? A great one?   Answer Question