Orbium Junior IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orbium Junior IT Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Orbium

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

-Phone Interview: cold mechanical questions to filter out initial applicants
-Three online tests: including psychometric and reasoning.
-Interview with HR: friendly and professional - the only positive experience in the whole application.
-'SQL & algorithm' test: split into 4 sections;
1. knowledge of SQL
2. SQL commands
3. Understanding pseudo code
4. Writing basic code for sort algorithms
-Interview with UK Director: cold, mechanical, lacked interest, unable to pay me respect without fiddling / playing around with a paperclip!

Interview Questions

• -Overall background - who are you?
    -What do you know about Orbium / Why did you pick Orbium? (Orbium likes you to have done your research even though their website is outdated! - UK Director told me so himself)
    -What is your knowledge of the financial services and products available, and where is this knowledge from?   Answer Question
  • -Give one strength and one weakness.
    -If a previous manager or tutor were to give me 3 attributes about you, what would they be?
    -Give me three examples of teamwork and one of leadership you have been involved in.
    -Provide a tricky situation where your team was ineffective and the role you took to handle the situation.
    -Give an example of a tme when you have taught someone and how you would go about teaching someone.   Answer Question
  • -To what extent do you understand and can use SQL, databases and programming?   Answer Question
  • -Do you have any other applications currently with other companies?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Orbium

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Orbium (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview based on why Orbium? Mainly competency
    Face to face interview with HR followed by an algorithm test based on SQL. Basic SQL commands and algorithm pseudocode
    Final Interview with partners and managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Orbium?
      What are your three best qualities?
      Mainly competency: