Ordnance Survey Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Response to application was quick, invited to interview within 2 weeks at Southampton office. Job interview was face-to-face with 2 hiring managers which included a 10 minute presentation. Job description was vague and did not reflect greatly on role as presented by interviewers, the interview was poorly structured and at times unprofessional; particularly as the interviewers seemed to talk over one another and generally came across as cold.

I left the interview not wanting to work here at all.

Head of Strategy and Insight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was carried out by a director and a human resources manager. The questions were a mix of competency and standard interview questions. The director indicted that she believed that I could do the job but wanted a person from an upper middle class background rather than a working class background.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my universities careers page. I then received an email saying I had been shortlisted, and given an interview time and date. The interview was evidenced based with two interviewers. Questions asked included company knowledge, knowledge of the datasets they produce and experience within my field, as well as questions about my degree. The HR representative also asked some typical interview questions like 'who is your role model' and 'tell me how you have overcome differences in a team'. The other interviewer was a member of the department, who to be honest did not look happy to be there

Product Manager I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call for a chat with manager and HR rep, folliowed by: Online exams (personal review, maths, english and spatial awareness), then in the office, conducted via a group of assessors - a role play and scenario situation, lots of paper work questions (for you to read and answer) and a fake meeting with your new manager to read, answer and present your findings (as if it were a status update) - and plenty of interviews with different people. A tough process, but one that intrigued me and when the offer was made interested me to follow up.

Interview Questions

• One thing I had done recently that I was proud of.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ordnance Survey (Southampton, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial screening interview to determine suitability, followed by assessment centre including presentation, role play, personality, numerical & verbal reasoning tests. Panel interview with functional managers and HR and final interview with director.