Oregano's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregano's

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregano's (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

I was referred by a friend, the interview was easy; I talked to two different managers, one right after the other, and was hired on the spot. They said they would call to schedule my orientation but they never did; I went back a week later and they scheduled it. If you apply, DO NOT JUST LEAVE YOUR RESUME, talk to a manager in person or they will not even consider you. Also, they prefer that you do so Tue-Thur 2-4pm because that's when we are slowest, and make sure you follow up because they will probably forget about you (like they did for me).

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oregano's (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply via handing your resume and application to a manager in person. They will ask you about yourself - nothing too intense, they are very friendly and laid back. If you have previous experience it's obviously preferred, but they don't require it for a host job. Servers must have 4+ years of experience, apparently.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregano's.

Interview

Simple, fairly easy interview process. I walked ni and applied, and they sat me down with one of the managers that day. They ask you about your serving experience, how familiar you are in the restaurant industry, and your plans for the future.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregano's (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Job fair, panel interview. Basic questions, hypotheticals etc. It was clear by their body language that they wanted someone younger. Take a look at any Oreganos, the managers are 35 years old and down. If you are a talented manager with years of experience. You are wasting your time. They are not interested in talent, if they were I and so many others would have been hired. I was warned ahead of time before attending the job fair that I would be turned down and it happened exactly as he said. Pretty sad when Oreganos has developed a trackable pattern. Oreganos has alot of poor quality , inexperienced , kaleidoscope management, that lack focus. I thought I could help change that, apparently not. I think America West boy needs to wake up and the smell the pasta, its burning!

Interview Questions

• What's a typical day at your current position?   1 Answer

Server Or Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oregano's (Chandler, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

They really need to get more organized with their hiring process. I filled out an application on a Monday afternoon and talked to a nice lady who told me they were going to start hiring for the fall season in the next few weeks. I said I wanted to be a server but I would be willing to host. She told me to come in for an interview on Wednesday at 3:30 and meet with this other manager. I even asked her to clarify: "is this an official interview?" because she seemed casual about it and she said yes. Well I came in on Wednesday and told the person who greeted me I had an interview with said manager so they went back to get him. 5 minutes later the manager came out obviously not knowing that he was supposed to be interviewing me, but sat down with me anyway. Afterwards he told me he just hired a host and "didn't really think he needed more" and didn't think he needed servers either. Come on! If you're the GM you should know what staff you need to hire and if you're not you don't turn candidates away who the GM hasn't looked at. And I had similar restaurant experience so I know I wasn't a bad candidate.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cave Creek, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oregano's (Cave Creek, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a week to meet everyone. Two interviews. One with the GM and then the Asst. KM. They both knew I was older than most the kitchen..ALL the kitchen but they felt I could hold my own amongst the youngsters. During the interview they kept expressing how young the kitchen was. They were also concerned I was way over qualified. No specific questions out of the ordinary. I got the pay I asked for and was hired and working in about a week and half.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a young kitchen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregano's (Goodyear, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview prior to the restaurant being finished built. Interviewed in the parking lot. Turned in my application and had on the spot interview. Was told I would be called starting the following week. A month later and still nothing. The manager spent 5 minutes with me where the previous interviewee he spent over 20 minutes. I felt having over 15 years of customer service plus extensive restaurant training working in a fine dining restaurant would qualify me to work in a pizza place but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a day of non stop
      Business?   1 Answer
    • How much time do you spend at a table?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

Interview

Very casual, lots of communication to show case your personality. I was actually part of the first group hired for the grand opening in the Goodyear location. I had zero experience serving and i told them this during the interview but i had experience in food and customer service. i think ultimately what gets you the job is being happy hardworking and energized.

Hostes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oregano's (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

very easy, people are very friendly, still waitting to get called back.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oregano's in November 2012.

Interview

Best way to apply is bring in a completed application between 2-4, Mon-Thurs so that you can at least meet a manager when they're not busy. When I arrived the person I was scheduled to see wasn't expecting me because I had made the appointment with one of the four managers at that location. A disorganized hiccup, but otherwise the interview was pretty strait forward and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was hired on the spot. Asked to come for orientation in a few days.