Oregon Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oregon Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregon Department of Corrections

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pendleton, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Corrections (Pendleton, OR).

Interview

The interview/hiring process when I was hired has changed dramatically since I was hired in 2010. The actual interview though remains mostly the same. There is typically at least 2 uniformed security staff and 1 non security staff conducting the interview. The interviewers take turns asking questions to the prospective employee and are given a score based on their answers. there is opportunity at the end of the interview for questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeview, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Corrections (Lakeview, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Three staff members conduct the interview. They ask all of the standard questions you may hear in an interview. What they are looking for is mention of ODOC's mission statement and policies. You can look these up on the ODOC website.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a correctional officer?   1 Answer

QMHP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Corrections.

Interview

I applied in August and was contacted almost 3 months later to schedule an interview. The job is posted for locations throughout the state at any time. An HR person will contact you to fill out pre-interview materials that will need to be completed and sent back before the interview, or brought with you to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask 8 specific questions. The most challenging, if you aren't specifically prepared for them are:
      What are the diagnostic criteria for Bipolar I disorder?
      What are the 4 modules of DBT and give a couple examples of skills from each module?
      How do you assess for suicidality and need for constant observation with an inmate that has attempted to hang himself?
      How do you determine if am inmate is malingering?
      They also ask:
      Have you ever felt like you have been treated unfairly and if you have, how did you handle it?
      Describe your experience working in a prison or jail with inmates.
      Would you rather be liked or feared by an inmate?

I can't remember the last questions, but it was an easy one :)
      Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Corrections (Salem, OR) in December 2011.

Interview

If chosen for interview, the first interview is performed by a six person interview board. They will take turns asking questions. And, if you are chosen for a second interview it is also a board interview made up of 3 to 4 section/department managers. And, they also take turns asking questions, which are more duties specific for the position

Interview Questions

• describe your customer service experience, and your customer service philosphy   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I received call from the hiring manager, and offered me the job