Oregon Department of Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Tigard, OR).

Interview

Email- Answered questions- Met in person next, with a panel of 7. Then I heard back a few months later that they hired internal. The people were nice, and the interview was not challenging.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. Myself, two other candidates, and two interviewers. We took turns answering four questions we personally selected, then we were given a case to solve together.

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience working with children   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services in January 2014.

Interview

After you submit the application by internet you will receive an email if you will qualify or not for the position, usually you qualify and HR pass the information to the Manager. Then you will receive an other email to schedule an interview.

In the interview they give you a paper with the questions, so you have the opportunity to be success in the interview, all questions are about examples "tell the time when you..."

Interview Questions

• "Tell me the time when you think you not communicate well and what do you did?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not negotiable salary. You will start from the scratch.

Human Services Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Roseburg, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online in June. I was invited in for a group interview on July 18, 2014. The group interview involved about 20 candidates. We were asked a series of questions and had to write out responses in pencil on full sheets of paper. We were given between 5-10 minutes per question. The questions were things like: describe a time when you overcame a problem at a previous employer and describe how you did it. They were pretty specific and in-depth questions. They all required lengthy responses.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the most difficult question but I was asked to describe a time at a previous employer where I went above and beyond, which employer was your most difficult and why, and if applicable, why did you leave your last employer and what would they say about you.   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Beaverton, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Came in on time and was met with intense sense of disorganization and major attitude from a current Benefit Specialist that was designated to walk the interview participants back to the room for the interview. I wasn't sure where her flippant irritated demeanor was coming from, it definitely left a horrible taste in my mouth about ever having to share a work environment with this individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when questions...nothing unique, the same artificial questions over and over.   1 Answer

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews for job candidates, plus a take-home writing test.

The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager for the communications section, plus other members of the communications staff. I was given a preview of the questions a day in advance. Overall, I did well in the first round.

Finalists were advanced to the second round of interviews with the hiring manager and his bosses. I got the impression that the hiring manager’s bosses didn't know what they wanted. They seemed to be making up questions on the spot.

I didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions

• This can be a fast-paced job. How would you keep your supervisors and peers in the loop with what's going on? How do you prioritize urgent responsibilities when you have little time left to complete tasks?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a little about your experience working with confidential information?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your communications experience, and your experience working in a complex, multi-level organization?   Answer Question

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseburg, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Roseburg, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The application process was very straightforward and you are able to view the status of your application online; however, the interview itself was a panel interview with about 8 people that all just sat with no expressions on their faces and stared at me the whole time during the interview.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

interview was lengthy and took many months to complete the entire interview process. I was only provided a few minutes to review notes and answer questions during the interview process among a panel of interviewers.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 3 other interviewee included on the interview. At the end of the interview there as a team project that you worked together with the other interviewees. It was a different kind of interview were all of us were interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What is the main skill a receptionist should have?   1 Answer

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The process varies from office to office, but there is one common format. You apply for a position online. Depending on qualifications, you may be invited to an interview. The interviews may be group interviews, or depending on the size of the candidate pool, there may only be one interviewee. However, regardless of the interview format, there are usually at least 2 interviewers (I've personally seen as many as 7 interviewers). Depending on how well it goes, or on the size of the candidate pool, there may be a second, or even third, round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They often ask how you feel about working with diverse groups of people, they may ask you to describe the last time you had a disagreement with a co-worker/management, and how you handled it, things of that nature.   2 Answers