Oregon Department of Human Services Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 45 of over 45 interviews

In Person5%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

Quick rapid questions. Minimal time to answer. Not an open dialogue. Not an opportunity to ask questions about the employer or the job. Panel consisted of a variety of agency employees.

Interview Questions
  • What are you biased about?
    Answer Question

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

First was an application then the review process which took a long time to finish , after that you need to answer three questions and send them back via email , after this review they set up a Skype interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in Jul 2020

Interview

During Covid, the process may have differed somewhat from the normal interview process. I applied via Workday and then was given an opportunity to answer a few questions to move on to the next interview step. After that, I had a Skype Business call with a handful of managers. Overall, it was easier than I expected, but it did take nearly two months to be hired from the time I applied. Again, I think Covid had a hand in the change from normal interview and hiring practices.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding my views on diversity and the ability to handle working with at-risk and hostile people.

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

Waited 6 weeks then got an email describing an online video interview. Was an easy process and I liked it. They describe everything and make it really simple for you even if you aren’t good at computers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Portland, OR) in Jul 2019

Interview

After applying online, the initial contact was by phone, followed by a round of supplemental questions by email, then a group interview by phone, then a request for references, followed by job offer after several weeks.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in Jul 2019

Interview

Very government-like: friendly people but severely formal and archaic process. Four Q&A essay questions (app plus essay was maybe 2hrs prep); some questions were repeated on a written list of 10 questions which I got 15 minutes to preview prior to the interview. It was a four-person panel interview with the fourth person being on speaker/video with no face despite the ability to provide one. Each person Read the printed questions in round robin format, and I was told that every person was required to write down exactly what I said as well as confiscate any notes I had taken on the question preview opportunity. They were kind and offered a lot of information upfront (probably more than should be given in an initial interview), but enough to scare me that their process was indeed as archaic and outdated as the hints provided me from the general atmosphere: while the building and top floor view was beautiful, there were no lights on, it was a cavernous space with few people, there was no Sign of employee engagement or fun, and my worry about the organization started from that observation and probably carried into the interview. I wasn’t surprised I was not chosen to go further. I probably ended it for myself with my subconscious vibes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your experience with LMS and course creation software.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Portland, OR) in May 2019

Interview

Group interview with activity about surviving a blizzard (interview can be up to 10 people). Individual interview with a panel (3 managers and one team member). Written portion with additional standard interview questions

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied online, was notified later that they had some additional questions for me to answer in writing and was later notified that I was selected for a phone interview. I was emailed three questions before the scheduled interview and told that this would be an "accelerated interview lasting no more than 15 minutes." During the call with approximately seven panelists I was told that the call would be 15 minutes in length and if at the end of my 15 minutes I went over the call would be disconnected without notification.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you needed to give feedback to an employee with emotional or sensitive issues. Was the outcome?

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

30 minutes. They give you the questions before so you can be prepared. At the end the supervisor told me it was a very good interview as he shook my hand (Which was good to hear and made me feel like i got it). He called me a few days later to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had to work with someone from a different cultural background than you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Eugene, OR) in Sep 2018

Interview

Applied online, met the minimum requirements. Received an email approx 10 days later inviting me to an interview. The interview lasted approx 2 hours. It was a group interview - 6 of us. 4 on the panel. Started with us interviewing each other, then presenting our partner to the panel. Weird. We were allowed to take notes, but I didn't know that - I had no paper. Second part was 45 minutes to answer various math problems (the position was for benefits and eligibility worker) stuff like, averages, analyzing pay stubs...they gave us calculators. Then 45 minutes to write answers to 6 questions.I didn't get the job - one candidate had been working in the department for 9 years....uh. Yeah. I figure they knew who they wanted, but needed to interview several people to make it appear legit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Interviews