Cover image for Oregon Department of Human Services

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Oregon Department of Human Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 49 interviews

In Person4%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

Set questions provided in advance. Multiple interviews typically required. Usually a panel format. Interviewers were kind and patient. There were multiple levels of staff present and time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you...
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Eugene, OR) in Aug 2022

Interview

After applying they sent questions to me that needed to be answered and returned, then they invited me for an interview over zoom. I was sent the interview questions in advance and then told the panel my answers in the interview. Immediately following the interview I was sent additional questions that needed to be responded to and sent back within 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to define being anti-racist and how I personally ensured that I was embracing being anti-racist. They asked why some populations were over represented in foster care and ideas to reduce this discrepancy.

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services in Aug 2022

Interview

I heard back about an interview within a few weeks, and was sent the interview questions the night before. The panel of three I interviewed with just went down the line of questions, and I was unable to ask any questions due to time constraints. I was told I would hear back by the end of the week, but I didn't. I followed up the next week, and was told someone would get back to me, but no one did. I followed up again the next week and simply never heard back. Two months after I interviewed I received an automated response saying I was not selected for the position. I find it very unprofessional to not communicate with applicants after they've sat down for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Oregon Department of Human Services values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. How do you communicate and build trust with people whose culture and/our background differs from yours? Please provide an example.

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

I received an email with three time slots to choose from. The final interview schedule was emailed the day before interviews started. I received the interview questions fifteen minutes beforehand. Interview was conducted via Teams. Interviewers asked the three questions, then it was my turn to ask questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

Quick rapid questions. Minimal time to answer. Not an open dialogue. Not an opportunity to ask questions about the employer or the job. Panel consisted of a variety of agency employees.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

First was an application then the review process which took a long time to finish , after that you need to answer three questions and send them back via email , after this review they set up a Skype interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in Jul 2020

Interview

During Covid, the process may have differed somewhat from the normal interview process. I applied via Workday and then was given an opportunity to answer a few questions to move on to the next interview step. After that, I had a Skype Business call with a handful of managers. Overall, it was easier than I expected, but it did take nearly two months to be hired from the time I applied. Again, I think Covid had a hand in the change from normal interview and hiring practices.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding my views on diversity and the ability to handle working with at-risk and hostile people.

Oregon Department of Human Services

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services

Interview

Waited 6 weeks then got an email describing an online video interview. Was an easy process and I liked it. They describe everything and make it really simple for you even if you aren’t good at computers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Portland, OR) in Jul 2019

Interview

After applying online, the initial contact was by phone, followed by a round of supplemental questions by email, then a group interview by phone, then a request for references, followed by job offer after several weeks.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Human Services (Salem, OR) in Jul 2019

Interview

Very government-like: friendly people but severely formal and archaic process. Four Q&A essay questions (app plus essay was maybe 2hrs prep); some questions were repeated on a written list of 10 questions which I got 15 minutes to preview prior to the interview. It was a four-person panel interview with the fourth person being on speaker/video with no face despite the ability to provide one. Each person Read the printed questions in round robin format, and I was told that every person was required to write down exactly what I said as well as confiscate any notes I had taken on the question preview opportunity. They were kind and offered a lot of information upfront (probably more than should be given in an initial interview), but enough to scare me that their process was indeed as archaic and outdated as the hints provided me from the general atmosphere: while the building and top floor view was beautiful, there were no lights on, it was a cavernous space with few people, there was no Sign of employee engagement or fun, and my worry about the organization started from that observation and probably carried into the interview. I wasn’t surprised I was not chosen to go further. I probably ended it for myself with my subconscious vibes.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your experience with LMS and course creation software.
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Interviews

Oregon Department of Human Services Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Oregon Department of Human Services as 54.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.12 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Family Coach and Human Services Specialist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Human Services Specialist I and SSs1 roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Oregon Department of Human Services takes an average of 44 days when considering 52 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Training and Development Specialist had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Human Services Specialist I roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Oregon Department of Human Services according to 52 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 37.74%