Oregon Department of Revenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregon Department of Revenue

Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Revenue (Salem, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

Panel of three people asked me six questions. They went around the table and read each question. I had thirty minutes to answer all of them, which I did in record time.

Interview Questions

• They were the same questions that I answered on the application like, name a time you faced controversy at work, how you handled it, and how you knew whether or not it was successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I put how much I wanted to make on the initial application. They gave me $1000 more in the official offer.

Revenue Agent I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Revenue in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the GovermentJobs website. I was first sent an email within about a week notifying me that I was an eligible applicant, and then a few weeks later received another email inviting me to schedule an interview. I selected a time and day from a set of choices, and arrived as scheduled. The interview started as a group session where all of the applicants were given a team activity to work together on. Once we completed that, we were pulled individually for one-on-one Q&A. I was asked 4 questions and then given time to ask questions of my own. I was advised they would email or call within 2 weeks. I received a call after 1 week and an offer letter email a few days later.

Senior Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Revenue (Salem, OR) in May 2008.

Interview

Interview panel with 7 experience questions & 1 open question.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had coordinating a project and how did you overcome difficulties?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A for state employment