Oregon Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

3.1

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Salem, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional process.

The interview was staged in Salem, OR which isn't close to where the position was based. I drove an hour from Portland and was kept waiting for about 40 minutes. I actually went to ask an HR Assistant if there was an issue. Head of HR for the agency apologized for the wait and didn't bother explaining. I was then informed I was on a strict 45min time frame to answer roughly ten detailed, multi part questions.

I answered roughly six very technical questions in addition to the follow up questions the large panel had when I was informed we had ten minutes left.

I suggested we wrap up the process since we were pressed for time and instead I was pressed to finish answer all of them in ten minutes.

Associate Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Bend, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I was handed a list of questions to look over when I arrived for the interview. The interview started with me going through the entire list of questions and giving my answers to the previously mentioned list of questions. After I answered the questions on the list, I was able to ask any questions that I had about the job and working for ODOT.

Transportation Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Beaverton, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

After applying online it took 3 weeks before I was notified I'd made it to the next round. It took another 2 weeks to schedule my interview. It was a panel interview and they didn't break from script at all. In each question they are looking for specific keywords in your answer. If you don't use the right words, they don't move you forward. Personality/Cohesiveness was low on the list.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a government position and negotiating is a waste of time. They are limited in their pay scale.

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Salem, OR) in July 2013.

Interview

Pleasant and informative, group interview setting in small government rooms with former corrections officer managers, plenty of flourescent lights, no windows, nobody touched me I like that. Get to see the cubicle zone, funny decorations and some weird stuff too, jokes about males at males expense, look out folks, union gals be runnin' this corral.

Interview Questions

• Describe something that happened at work at some time point in someplace in some area in somewhere in someplace that happened to be having a goal for some idea that had some point.   1 Answer

Transportation Services Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with about ten questions. Questions are given to you a few minutes before interview to review and prepare for. Interview was fairly easy as long as you prepare. It is not a conversation type interview but rather a panel asking questions and you giving answers. Personality is very important

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

TMS2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendleton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Pendleton, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

all has been done and sent over the computer with application and summary questions attached and attachments as well, then applications will be gone thru, if requirements are met you will be called for an interview, two weeks after the interviewing process you will be accepted or not by phone or letter.

Interview Questions

• most questions about situations or incidents that nobody has come across.   Answer Question

Design Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Bend, OR) in September 2009.

Interview

There was a prepared list of questions which the person being interviewed received upon arrival to the site for the interview. You then had 15-20 minutes to review those questions and prepare yourself for the panel interview. The interview was a behavioral interview, which meant that they asked a lot of questions about how you handled past challenges and conflicts. They were also interested in how you would approach design issues, what steps you would take. And, like most interviews, they wanted to know why you thought you were right for that job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a workmate and how you resolved it.   1 Answer