Oregon Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oregon Department of Transportation Interview Questions

3.2

Associate Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Bend, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I was handed a list of questions to look over when I arrived for the interview. The interview started with me going through the entire list of questions and giving my answers to the previously mentioned list of questions. After I answered the questions on the list, I was able to ask any questions that I had about the job and working for ODOT.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did research to make a decision.   Answer Question

Transportation Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Beaverton, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

After applying online it took 3 weeks before I was notified I'd made it to the next round. It took another 2 weeks to schedule my interview. It was a panel interview and they didn't break from script at all. In each question they are looking for specific keywords in your answer. If you don't use the right words, they don't move you forward. Personality/Cohesiveness was low on the list.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a government position and negotiating is a waste of time. They are limited in their pay scale.

Transportation Services Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with about ten questions. Questions are given to you a few minutes before interview to review and prepare for. Interview was fairly easy as long as you prepare. It is not a conversation type interview but rather a panel asking questions and you giving answers. Personality is very important

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

TMS2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pendleton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Pendleton, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

all has been done and sent over the computer with application and summary questions attached and attachments as well, then applications will be gone thru, if requirements are met you will be called for an interview, two weeks after the interviewing process you will be accepted or not by phone or letter.

Interview Questions

• most questions about situations or incidents that nobody has come across.   Answer Question

Design Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oregon Department of Transportation (Bend, OR) in September 2009.

Interview

There was a prepared list of questions which the person being interviewed received upon arrival to the site for the interview. You then had 15-20 minutes to review those questions and prepare yourself for the panel interview. The interview was a behavioral interview, which meant that they asked a lot of questions about how you handled past challenges and conflicts. They were also interested in how you would approach design issues, what steps you would take. And, like most interviews, they wanted to know why you thought you were right for that job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had with a workmate and how you resolved it.   1 Answer