Oregon Secretary of State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregon Secretary of State

Financial Auditor Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oregon Secretary of State (Salem, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

I send my resume, cover letter and transcript to their HR. Got called about 4 days later. Interviewed in Salem office with a manager, an in-charge, and a HR. The interview took about 30 minutes. People are nice, interview questions are easy. For example, what's your education background? Why work for us? Behavior questions.

Negotiation

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oregon Secretary of State in January 2011.

Interview

For the position I applied for, the initial interviews for all the candidates were scheduled on the same day. In the waiting room, I needed to sign a sign-in sheet, so arrive early and write it down. The secretary is friendly. It was a group interview with an HR analyst, audit manager, deputy director, and senior auditor. During the interview, they rotate who reads a question off a list containing 8-10 questions. When I would answer a question, they remained silent until I finished talking and then moved on to the next question. Unless you ask a question, they probably won't say anything more than what is on the question sheet. They were nice to provide a paper listing the questions they would ask during the interview.

Interview Questions

• During the last three years, the financial statements for the bookstore at ABC University have shown declining revenues. You have been asked to perform a limited review to determine why the revenues are declining. Describe how you would go about performing your review and what review procedures you would perform.   Answer Question
    • Describe the most complex and challenging analysis you have performed and explain to us why it was so difficult.   Answer Question