Organization of American States Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Organization of American States

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Organization of American States (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was great, it felt like a amicable conversation about my experience, education and skills. Many aspects of my previous experience in LAC were asked. The team of interviewers were great and interested in learn more about me as professional.

Interview Questions

• Expertise on LAC legislation and current issues   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Interview

Submitted a proposal of a project to conduct during the time with them. Spoke on the phone with a section chief and legal expert. Received confirmation a month later with an invitation to start within a month.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Organization of American States.

Interview

- Interview was really casual over the phone. Mostly just wanted to know if I knew how to speak Spanish and why I wanted to work there. Asked a couple of questions from my resume but it was informal.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had an interview for the summer internship program that is offered for undergrads. They asked about my past experiences that were relevant to the type of position I was applying for. They are not trick questions, but I think that depends on who your potential boss will be. Each office does the process on its own.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions, but they do want to verify the information that you have listed in the application.   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Organization of American States (Washington, DC).

Interview

the hire is using the internet home page, the process take months several months, some time or most of the time prepare for 6 months, if you are a friend of some high rank politician you can use as recomendation, anyway as administrative officer most of the employees are really bad in math and no skills with numbers, they need with experience in administration, good in math, managment administration, control budget, speak english, spanish, portuguese, french

Interview Questions

• what is the rol of the OAS, who control the budget in the OAS?, what are the principal documents of the OAS? names of the Secretary General and the Under Secretary General, nationality in case too   1 Answer

Negotiation

depend of your experience, but the HR take in consideration your studies if you have more degrees more salary ( they dont care if you know or dont know anything at the end)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Organization of American States in July 2014.

Interview

I applied in early June with two recommendations, typical questionnaires and a transcript. Took almost two months to hear back about the position. Then one day in late July I received two phone calls both asking to interview me for an internship and that very day they sent an email to say I was accepted to their internship program.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were fairly casual simply asking about my experience and interest in the Organization of American States. Overall positive experience with the interview.   Answer Question

Unfortunately, the department I interviewed with wanted me to decide whether or not to accept the unpaid internship the day they sent me the offer and were inflexible about giving me a week or even a day to consider my options because their department needed to meet a deadline. I found this somewhat unprofessional considering they had almost two months to contact and interview me for the position but instead chose to do it the day of the deadline, forcing me into a corner. I instead chose to look into other options and wait to hear from paid positions I had applied for.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Organization of American States.

Interview

Weird process, first received rejection email. Then, they emailed me an appointment date for interview. A day later again a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a permanent contract with your current employer?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Organization of American States (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Above what the TOR specified. Questions were addressed as if I was applying for a P/2 P/3 position. This is okay if the compensation was adjusted accordingly, but it was not

P1 Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Organization of American States (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

3 person's on the panel. Some questions in English, some in spanish. [As the post required a proficiency of both]

Interview Questions

• Pretty much was along the lines of the 'everyday Qs' asked by HR during an interview.   1 Answer

P-1 Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Organization of American States (Washington, DC).

Interview

2.5 months between closing date and contact for interview. Interview was a Panel Interview with only one required for determination

Interview Questions

• What are all of the mandates of the OAS.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when there was a difficult person to work with and what you did.   Answer Question