Oriental Trading Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oriental Trading Company

2.6

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Interview

I had a really bad experience interviewing with Oriental Trading. I got a phone call from HR and then emailed her to set up a time to chat. We then
    scheduled a time and date to have a phone call. I waited by the phone for half an hour at the time for the phone call to come. It didn’t come so I called her and it went to voicemail and I left a message for her. She never got back to me and a few weeks later, I got a generic automated rejection letter. Very unprofessional.

Middle Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Interview

Very friendly and complete. The phone pre-interview was friendly and I received a call back within a half hour to set up the in-person interview. The in-person was completed within a week. The Director gave me a personal guided tour after the interview. Very nice.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, by the book. Be ready to answer questions and be honest.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first phone interview was to gauge my general experience and expertise. The second interview was completely ridiculous.

The second interview consisted of two interviewers asking me questions about data science. Neither of them spoke much English and they both had accents so thick that I couldn't understand either of them through the phone.

They asked several questions about data merging and Machine Learning. Several of these questions were fine, but several of them didn't make any sense. Seriously, several of the questions literally didn't make sense from a software or statistics perspective.

I literally gave up after fifteen minutes. The questions didn't make sense and I could barely understand the interviewers. I know this might make me sound like a jerk, but it was one of the worst interviewing experiences of my life.

Interview Questions

• When programming a SAS macro what is the first line   1 Answer

Copy Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was overall, about a month long. I had a phone interview and had to come in 3 separate times. After waiting for a week after the last interview, they didn't even have the decency to call me. I got a very generic email saying they weren't interested in hiring me. 3 in person interviews seemed very unnecessary.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in May 2018.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. Discussed my prior experiences and what I learned from them. Talked about different forms of conflict experienced in the work environment and how it was resolved. Only took about 30 minutes and the interviewer was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a disagreement with a colleague or employee and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE).

Interview

It was very nice and they were all very nice and helpful. They offered lunch also. Overall very good. There were some technical questions and some puzzle solving as well.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vista, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (La Vista, NE) in March 2018.

Interview

I was given instructions by a cold unfriendly woman to take a series of 3 different tests on the PC. She had me do oboarding immediately. Offered me a different job than applied for. I declined. Than offered job applied for. Gave instructions for drug test and physical off premises. Was not actually an interview, just an unfriendly person with a cold demeanor instructing me to do things on a computer and handing me paperwork. Receptionist was not nice either.In the end I declined.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in January 2018.

Interview

That was on site interview. Two interviewer asked question one by one. One person asked question like examination. Asked lots of irrelevant question. The interviewer behavior was so rude.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in December 2017.

Interview

Resume submission, got called by a HR personnel about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone screening interview 5 days later (about 15 minutes) with another HR personnel. Then had another interview with the hiring manager about 3 days later...Got hired!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Fremont, NE).

Interview

The process was quick. There were two aptitude tests to take. Once completed there was an application to fill out. Then you read the job description and had the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to fulfill the requirements for computer needs for working from home?   2 Answers