Oriental Trading Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.4

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Roseville, MN).

Interview

Two interviews and a test. First interview was with the recruiter from home office over the phone, she was kind and we had a great conversation. Was offered in person interview at the end of the conversation with the recruiter. Was told not to discuss salary with people I would be meeting with in person, despite their management roles. This seemed odd to me.
    In person interview the next week with head of studio and design manager, both difficult to talk to. Seemed really interested in my past experience with their competitor. Seemed as if job description was a little different from what they were actually looking for. I felt as if the recruiter and the people I met with were looking for different things. I was told by recruiter they were looking for someone who could work independent, said that in interview looking to make a good impression only to find out they needed a "team player". Felt like a bait and switch.

Was asked to complete lengthy skills test on own time, once turned in I followed up a few days later and no one ever responded or confirmed that they had received the test materials. After spending a large amount of time completing the test requested of me it would have been nice to receive some sort recognition of receipt or a polite 'thanks but no thanks'. At least I have something new for my portfolio.

PZ Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Interview

Quick and easy. I walked in sat down at a computer and took a short quiz. Once I passed that I was asked a few simple questions. Seriously it was probably the 3rd easiest Interview I've ever had,

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call within a couple days. Confirmed a phone interview for 9am on the following Thursday. HR was to call me. Since I am currently employed, I blocked my calendar for 9-930, and made sure that I was in a private environment at 9am to receive the call.

Interview Questions

• Was ready and available at 9am as promised. Never received a call from HR as originally arranged. Waited under 930, and never received a call. Couldn't wait any longer, needed to return to my current work.   2 Answers

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company.

Interview

The overall experience was really good.. The recruiting team is very cooperative... The initial stage was a phone screening where they will ask about the background and skills. It was mostly a HR round. Next stage follows a technical interview with the Data science team. The interview was on the phone and was very detail oriented. It finally took couple of weeks for them to get back with the offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask about the projects and the research I have done. Other questions were general data science questions ranging from SQL, Time series, probability, classification, clustering and regression. model testing, data wrangling and processing.   Answer Question

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Buffalo, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: HR & Technical. About 20 minutes each. Mostly questions about experience mentioned in the resume. HR questions were mostly based on the questions asked in the application process while submitting online.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to guide them through my work experience/projects   1 Answer

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: HR & Technical. HR round questions were mostly based on the questions asked while submitting the online application. Technical interview questions were mostly related to my work experience.

Interview Questions

• The technical interviewer asked me to describe my supply chain graduate project.   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple and to the point. It was a group interview, with manager, lead and some team members. Although they took 3 weeks to schedule an interview, decision however was made quick

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE).

Interview

The interview was very unorganized, and it felt as though the interviewers had never been on that side of the table before - even though one was a vp. Additionally, the job I actually interviewed for was not for the one I applied for. Same title, but vastly different experience wanted from what was depicted in the description. Due to that, the interview was a waste of my time. In retrospect I should have politely ended the interview early. They did not portray a positive view of the how the company is run at all.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

You go in, take a computerized test it was super easy, then they talk to you and send you for a drug test and physical. They hire based on how you do with the test, if you score over a certain ammount, they give you the job.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oriental Trading Company (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was very disorganized. Had phone interview with a director and another manager who arrived about ten minutes late. The questions were made up on the spot, and had very little thought put into them. They didn't ask much about my experiences, but focused on what they had done. They also seemed offended when I rated my Java skills as a 9. They asked me if I thought I was a Jedi Knight. I also disagreed with the director when he said abstract classes could not have concrete methods, and this seemed to offend him. I withdrew my application after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Rate your Java skills from 1 to 10?   1 Answer
    • List the JVM thread states   1 Answer