Orion International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orion International

Candidate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orion International.

Interview

Phone interview with manager and then with CEO. Was a long process over about a month. Used them as a service to get hired but it didn't work out and they ended up hiring me to work for them. Not the normal hiring process. So this review is a little skewed.

Candidate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Orion International (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was probably one the most comfortable interviews I have experienced, In person. The hiring manager was very laid back, didn't hit me with a bunch of questions in a way to make me nervous. It was more like he personally wanted to know more about me and my experience by a conversation rather than questions off a paper. I did not end of getting the job but I did get called back a couple months later for another opportunity in the company, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orion International (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

REALLY long. Long stretches with no contact or feedback. Make you go in to a hiring conference and shadow the team. The team is EXTREMELY disorganized and emotional at their hiring events. Every one is stressed and yelling at each other. Often being rude to candidates and clients alike.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orion International (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Lengthy, thorough but fair. The managers really try to hone in on your passion and desire to be in sales and look hard for your motivations. It can be tough and Orion has a good pool to chose from, so they are selective. Ensure you read books and research sales. if you know others in sales it helps to talk with them,

Interview Questions

• How did Military prepare me for sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Orion International (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial interview is with a recruiter. Simply telephone interview. Then they bring you in to meet partners face to face. Expect to be judged on your personal appearance and looks. It's a sales job and they take this into account whether they admit it or not. The next step is to do cold calling with a senior partner.

My experience was that the senior partner called old contacts or people he knew to make the cold calling seem not so bad. no, sorry thats a warm call. Not a cold call. He did the majority of the calls. I think I actually only did 3 on my own after memorizing a short script and leaving a few emails.

I interviewed with each of the partners in a panel type format 2 partners at a time. I was given a homework assignment to look up a company and make a presentation to the partners as if I'm pitching a job at a conference. There was no real guidance on this project except an awful power point example from a previous employee. Be sure to prepare for questions after the presentation. You can bs the answers just make sure you have an answer. the questions they ask are - is there growth in the company? (have a position you can be promoted to) is there a relocation package? (no or make one up) who would i report to? (have a position ready to spit out) what are the benefits package? etc

the interview process was really over the top for the position and the quality of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can negotiate a relocation package. its $60 base for 6 months then it drops to $40k plus commissions.