Orkin Pest Control Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Orkin Pest Control Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Orkin

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orkin (Honolulu, HI) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed in front of a panel of 3 people. The Branch Manager, and two Operations Managers. Branch Manager briefly described the position, and then asked "Tell me about yourself". After answering the first question, each person took turns asking me a situational or personality based question. Approximately 6 to 8 questions were asked. Afterwards I was asked if I had any questions, then that was it. I followed up the interview by emailing the Branch Manager and thanking him and his team for considering me for the position, and for the interview. I received a call later that day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at your current or past working place.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Orkin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orkin (Portage, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

I met with a fine gentleman early in the day. We exchanged smiles, handshakes, and he led me into his office to discuss the position and my qualifications. It was a very pleasant experience and I left feeling positive about the position.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in working for Orkin?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any problem with driving long distances on occasion for work?   1 Answer
    • This job is about 90% customer service and 10% actual work. Is that something you think you can handle, talking to people and answering their questions regardless of how long it might take?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Orkin (Alexandria, LA).

Interview

LONG and drawn out. The Branch manager dragged his feet for 7+ Months to finally make a decision and extend and offer. A lot of things that were described or promised in the interview process actually happened or were even true. They fail to actually tell you what is really expected... They are looking for incompetent "miracle working" Criminals because the management are crooks.

Interview Questions

• How would the company benefit from hiring me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orkin (Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Basic questions about dealing with public and related experience in the field. Two gentlemen conducted the interview. In addition, I had to complete a more detailed application at the conclusion of the interview. Overall, I think the interview was more about dealing with the public than actual job skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orkin (Pearland, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Can you pass a drug test, physical, and background was the first question? Manager asked how old I was and if I thought I could work out in the hot weather. I was doing less talking and more listening, as a matter of fact I really did not get to talk much. I felt like I was being sold the job. The person interviewing was from region and he was very quiet and awkward.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orkin (Auburn, NH) in February 2011.

Interview

was hired based on the fact that Id worked there before. I enjoyed pest control and reapplied. I left this company in Sept 2013 and am now seeking a new position. I have applied to other pest control companys ans have been interviewed. The manager at Orkin did a thorough interview job and then had me fill out the paperwork

Interview Questions

• I wan asked about what I don't like. I enjoy the job so this is hade.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orkin (Fairfax, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Walked in just to see what the company was about because of a hiring sign posted outside the office. Office staff and managers were very friendly and asked me normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Taking there personality tests.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be very detailed about what you would like to get paid or you will start from the bottom and work yourself up to the top. A very competitive work field with great benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orkin (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting with the Office Manager and Route Manager. They asked a couple of questions, explained the payment process and gave me "hypothetical route payments" essentially saying that I could expect 4k+ a month.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orkin (New York, NY).

Interview

One simple and to-the-point interview followed by a ride-along. Questions were straight forward and they didn't bombard me with odd or abstract questions. Generally, I was quite satisfied with both the interview and the people conducting it (Both AM and GM)