Orrick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orrick

2.5

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Lengthily interview process. Many layers to get through.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult if you were well prepared for the position you were seeking   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They stood firm on their offer believing their offer was marketplace value

Project Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orrick (Wheeling, WV) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted for a phone interview. Following the phone interview there was an in-person interview with a panel of three interviewers. Then I had to submit a conflicts of interest screening form.

Interview Questions

• give an example of and improvement you made to an employer's process or system   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orrick (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with three lawyers from the group. The first round of two lawyers was interested in my background and interest in working at the firm. During the second round, right off the bat the partner asked me how I would feel if I have to perform her personal errands. I was perplexed. Was not sure whether she was serious, she was.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I interviewed at Orrick in December 2011.

Interview

you fill out app and interviewer is friendly and asks no tricky questions that you read about. You're tested on vocabulary, grammar and spelllingg

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, two phone interviews with hiring manager (job location different from manager's location), phone interview with manager's manager, onsite interview with multiple staff, positive feedback with request for references (provided), then ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. To go that far through the interview process, then be dropped without a word is absolutely insulting.

Associate (Lawyer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Easy. I met with a number of lawyers for about 20-30 minutes each. They asked me standard questions. Most of the interviewers were friendly and somewhat prepared. Some seemed to be looking at my resume for the first time while I was in front of them.

Interview Questions

• They generally asked standard questions about my education and experience. Nothing tricky.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick.

Interview

It wasn't clear after my first interview that I had been selected as a candidate until the background questionnaires began to arrive. Onboarding felt very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• When I was asked to clarify former clients, especially those from my internship days.   Answer Question

Practitioner Assistant - Securities Litigation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone Screen for 5 minutes with Human Resources Manager, then came in for an interview with director of human resources (but it was via cisco since the person was in san francisco), then came in to meet with 9 of the various partners, associates, and paralegals. THe overall experience, even though I did not get the job, was enlightening and stimulating. Wish I got the job but hey, on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were significantly challenged and describe how you overcame that challenge (was asked in the second phase of interviews)?   Answer Question

Document Reviewer/Discovery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Orrick (Wheeling, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

Extremely easy. As long as you are available and willing to commute to Wheeling, West Virginia, the job is yours. You must not have any conflicts with any of the projects you are working on. They will do a conflict check before each project. Having a conflict does not bar you from other projects where a conflict does not exist. They are in desperate need of contractors.

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with commuting to Wheeling, WV from Pittsburgh, PA?   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orrick (Paris (France)) in March 2014.

Interview

I passed this interview after being accepted at a lawyer's school, I sent my CV in order to participate to a job dating organized by Orrick. I received an invitation to the job dating and went there to pass two interviews with two associates in public law. They were really nice.
    They asked about my personality, asked why i was applying there, and finally did the skills test in order to check my ability to do the internship. (sorry for my poor english)

Interview Questions

• during the interview, the associates asked theorical questions and marked your interview   1 Answer