Orrick Litigation Paralegal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orrick

1.5

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Orrick (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for an entry-level Litigation Paralegal position back in June. My interview went very well- I was interviewed by several associates (one-on-one) and the paralegal specialist, which lasted about 1 and a half hours and I was told by not one, but TWO associates that I essentially had the job. I left feeling confident and very optimistic. A few days later, I received an email from the paralegal specialist, in which she implied that the interview went well and requested several references. About a week later, a former employer of mine advised that the firm had reached out to them for a reference/review. Days went by, then weeks, and then... I never heard from them again. I ended up getting offered another job soon after, and was told by the hiring manager that my references raved about me (so I know they must've told Orrick the same). But that's besides the point, I don't mind that they decided to go with another candidate, but to not send a rejection email or letter after you've had so much communication with an interviewee (and gave them so much hope!) is beyond unprofessional. A blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Orrick

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orrick (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Do not expect respect from them at all! I emailed my resume to Paralegal Manager for future consideration. One day later, an HR woman contacted me for a phone interview. The interview was pretty good and productive. She told me they have one position just opened. She asked me if I can go their office to meet the Paralegal Manager and Hiring Manager the following week. I gave her my time schedule and she emailed me again for my availability on a specific day. I told her I'm free that day. Then she said "Okay, I'll contact you shortly about a specific time to meet." She didn't contact me until the day I supposed to go their office and she explained "we are quite busy this week and it seems we can't have the interview this week." Okay, reasonable excuse. She continued "I'll email you very soon about our schedule." Three weeks past, no words from her. I followed up, no replies.

Interview Questions