Orscheln Farm and Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orscheln Farm and Home

2.1

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Higginsville, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Higginsville, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Very low key and laid back. Interview took place on folding chairs in the tire shop.The store manager conducted the interview and did not try to use trick questions, he just wanted to find out if i could perform the job, and if i would be a good employee for the company.

Pay was $12.00 per hour max, not enough for me

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centerville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Centerville, IA) in April 2011.

Interview

Meet with a manager and assistant manager, who are playing "good cop/bad cop". You get drilled with the whole "gotta keep the store clean, gotta keep the shelves stocked, gotta keep working every minute of every day" thing. The two of them asked questions of me, then tried to get me to contradict what I had said. It was almost like they didn't want to be there, and they did their best to make me feel like I wasn't wanted there, really.

Interview Questions

• "What benefit will the company see if they hire someone like you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They said they were "bound" by the company's guidelines as to what they could offer in wages.

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home in September 2016.

Interview

It was very quick. They sent me to take a drug test the first day then they asked me when I could start the second day and I started that day.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Auburn, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief - I felt like I was just interviewed to make sure I was a real person. I felt like I wasn't challenged and that I was just a body to fill a hole.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

I had to drive over 2 hours away for my in person interview. I had two previous interviews on the phone. I had to pass a drug screen. I was hunted down by another company that "head hunts"

Anonymous Employee in Cresco, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Cresco, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very interesting and detailed from a very experienced district manager. The district manager took his own time to come to my location in person to find out if I would be interested in the position as a store manager for Orschelns in Perry, Iowa. So I accepted, but it has been very hard on my family being apart for over a year. I moved a store from an old location to a new location in the same town. Did a grand opening, everything is good, but not enough labor hours to hire people to do all the jobs.

Interview Questions

• Where would you prefer to be located.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Strict, but I had the qualifications to meet my request.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home.

Interview

Telephone interview with H.R. Then interview with D.M.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Prescribed salary.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Go through corporate website first. You'll be contacted by corporate HR first for an over-the-phone interview. You'll next be contacted by a regional manager for an in-person interview. The whole process takes 2-3 weeks, but is not all that grueling. They DO verify references and you'll take a drug test upon accepting the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do I feel that farm supply is a promising business and how will I contribute to Orscheln's success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but you do need to be prepared with the places you are willing to relocate.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Murray, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. Easy. Did not require a lot of skill. Pretty much knew what I was getting as an answer when I left. I got the job. However I would not wish this job on anyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orscheln Farm and Home (Manhattan, KS) in April 2019.

Interview

easy and boss was very personal about herself and who you are as a person if you were to work there; your personal life and how it affects your life before hiring and how it could work if hired. boss seemed extremely kind and again, personal and open minded. after hired total change in demeanor.

Interview Questions

• favorite thing about retail   1 Answer