Ortho Molecular Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ortho Molecular Products Interview Questions

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products (Woodstock, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with the director of HR, who asked some general questions and explained the structure of the business. Then I had a phone interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager, which went very well. They called the following week and offered me an in-person interview at HQ in Woodstock, IL (which is quite dreadful), but I had to pay for the flight, hotel, and rental car on my own dime. I made the trip because both the director of HR and the Talent Acquisition Manager made remarks about this being a "perfect fit" and even told me about the neighborhoods I should be looking at for apartments... I felt like the in-person interview was great, and they promptly followed up and sent me a link for a Caliper strengths/personality assessment, and asked me to complete it over my graduation weekend. They said I would hear back within a few days to know whether or not I would be invited to the final round of interviews at O'Hare. The whole week went by with no word, so I took it upon myself to call the director of HR on Friday. He didn't answer his phone, but sent an email 30 min later to inform me that they had decided to move forward with other candidates. After spending $900 of my own money to travel to Woodstock, they didn't even have the decency to call. On top of it all, when I asked for feedback, they had none to offer. I think a company's hiring process can be very depictive of the way they run their business. Ortho Molecular's recruiting team was extremely unprofessional and misleading, and I wouldn't recommend wasting your time or money being strung along through their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
      Why sales? Why Ortho Molecular?
      Are you competitive?
      Truth: is it black and white?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products (Woodstock, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

These guys can't make a decision, and they didn't seem to care when they ran long. I had to wait 45 minutes past my interview appointment for my third interview because they were interviewing someone else. I should have walked out. Also, the manager presented a very different personality than I later realized was his real personality, and I would have never guessed his management style from the interviews. I had four interviews in all. Work team turned out to be great, but I never met any of them during the interviews. Management of the company is horrid. Not a good place to work and I knew I had to get out after about 2 months on the job; tried to stick it out, but left (RAN) when a new director with NO marketing background or education took over the department. Three marketing employees quit in a single month.

Interview Questions

• What role do you play in your group of friends? The mom, the hostess, etc.?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slightly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products (Woodstock, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

They contacted me for the position. It was a long interview process, which was annoying. I had interviewed at this company a year prior to this interview so I thought it was onnoxious I had to do so many of the interviews over considering they contacted me. Phone interview / in person #1 / online personality & fit test / in person #2 - waited over a week to get an offer.

Declined due to salary - see below.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer due to the salary. I was initially contacted by this company and was told the salary range was $40-$45k per year. I asked a few times throughout the interview process and was told each time that was still the salary range. I was offered $36,000. When I inquired why I was offered under the salary range they indicated because It was still more than I was currently making and my drive time would be less to this job opposed to my current job. Well that straight up pissed me off considering my drive time and where I live in none of their business. Little did they know, my husband and I had just made an offer on a house further away. After I declined the offer they said they would work with me to get the salary higher. I said no due to the fact that they tried to take advantage of me. I wasted time with this company I would have never interviewed if the salary was $36,000 considering it wasn't even $1k more than I was currently making. They need to pay employees based on what they feel the position and person is worth.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products.

Interview

Long interview process.
    -Phone Interview
    -In person interview with the hiring manager
    -Interview with President and hiring Manager
    -Interview with Marketing team
    -Analytical test

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not difficult, however the president of the company has an interview style that can feel like interrogation. Don't fall into that trap and allow him to make you nervous, the gentleman is not really intimating, its an interview tactic. Some of the questions don't really apply such as "what role do you play among your friends" What books do you read?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared- You will be offered a pay at least 5-10 grand under what you stated your salary requirements are. My advice is to pad the number you give for your salary requirements, otherwise you will be stuck negotiating.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the Regional Manager, and then by Human resources, invited to phone interview and then a Face to face. The phone interview was really great, and I was actually excited by the description, and encouraged even though I lacked a sales background (which I asked about during the phone screen). The face to face was much more difficult, as the one interviewer was very tough and a bit rambling in his questions, which led to forgetting what they were asking. I was given the opportunity to ask a few questions and I chose 2, neither of which was liked. In fact, the interviewer seemed to get a bit defensive during his answers.
    By the end of the interview, I was pretty sure that they wanted someone different than they had originally described to me.
    The description of both duties and territory for the in person interview was also much different than I had been led to beleive.
    this was not a negative nor a positive experience. I did learn an important lesson.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products (Louisville, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

I had to complete a phone interview with the team lead, and in-person interview with the team lead and national sales manager, complete the Caliper assessment, write an essay, and then fly to HQ for a final interview with both of the national sales managers and the CEO. I did not get the job and received an email from someone I had never spoken with. I think after all of that, someone I had regular communication with could have called or at least emailed.

Interview Questions

• What my biggest weakness as a sales executive was? Am I organized? What my typical day in my current job looked like?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products (Lake Barrington, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Several weeks later received a phone call to set up a phone interview and the following week after phone interview was called to come in for a face to face interview. We agreed my years of experience did not transfer over to what they were looking for. If they had been specific on the actual job I would never have applied.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is a weakness at your job?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products (Woodstock, IL).

Interview

Interview was 3 parts: 1) phone interview with the manager, 2) In-person interview with multiple managers, 3) 2nd In-person interview with senior managers. At first, it was very intimidating because I did not know there would be multiple people in the room. It was at a large and long table in a big empty, room. So the experience was not very warm and welcoming.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people. I was asked basic questions about experience and what I'm looking for as well as some situational questions of like what i dd when working in a group and having a bad group member and such.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ortho Molecular Products.

Interview

1st recruiter blabbing about how I would be a perfect fit (without knowing anything about me) second f2f with area manager and vp of sales .. Went well .. Not very tough questions .. Brought in all my achievements and awards.. Was asked if I would be available to fly to CHI for final round I said sure.

Didn't make final round and was not given a reason why, later to find they wanted to hire someone who would work for 28k salary and cover a 2 state territory! Lol my demands were double what they wanted

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from others..   1 Answer