Oscar Health Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oscar Health Customer Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Oscar Health

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health (Tempe, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

First you take a tour of the amazing facility. You learn about the different areas in the warehouse and a little about the company. You take a short written assessment and then have a 1 on 1 with a person that interviews you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were dealing with a tough situation with a customer or a team member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oscar Health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call. It was just 15 min and the recruiter barely asked me any questions. I was leading the conversation more than he was. He ended the call with the obligatory riddle. Same question that can be found in other responses here on Glassdoor. The least they can do is change the riddle. After a week of back and forth emails and very unprofessional responses, I was called in for an in-person interview.
    The in-person interview included three thirty minute interviews. The first one was with the initial recruiter. He spent the spent most of the time looking outside the glass conference room and laughing at what was going on outside. I am not sure if he was bored with what I was saying or just overall not interested.
    The second interviewer was a current Customer Service Representative. She was the best interviewer I had. She offered a lot of insight into the role and the company. She didn't quiz me with pre formatted questions that in reality tell you nothing about a candidate.
    The last interviewer was a current Customer Service Trainer. She started with two scenario questions. I have no customers service experience and this is an entry level position so, how am I expected to answer the scenario questions perfectly. She knit picked at my entire response for the first scenario. After this she continued with generic questions like tell me about a time you were faced with a challenge.

Interview Questions

• What is one lesson you have learned recently?
      Tell me about a challenge you have faced.
      Tell me about a time you resolved a conflict.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

After a 4 minute phone interview where all I did was answer the marble question, the man emailed me to tell me that he would like to schedule an in-person interview. It took him a week and me following up to finally schedule a interview with. I got there for the "dress causal" interview and was met with a sloppily dressed man. He showed me around the office with no real enthusiasm. As we sat for the interview he was constantly looking outside at what was happening behind which was rude, He didn't have any clear questions or interest in me as he was busy looking out the window and making faces at coworkers. Next interviewer was dressed in workout clothes, I get that it's a startup but at least dress like you care, overall she was a great interviewer, much better than the first who was her boss. The next interviewer did some role playing she was okay. Next I was contacted by someone who got my name/number mixed up with someone else to schedule a phone interview, after the phone interview the woman who is the boss of all 3 people I spoke with basically said she has no idea what the next steps were as she would have to get back with the team to decide. So I was not really sure what the point of the last phone interview, it felt more like it should have been the initial phone screen instead of a 4 minute marble screen. I get that they want to build a great team but they are constantly posting for new Customer Service Reps, so the turnover rate must be really high and all these interviews are not only excessive but pointless in helping them build a team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening, It went well and the interviewer asked that I walk her through a simple logic problem! After it was done I was emailed saying they wanted to meet me in person. After I arrived in New York I met a series of staff members who were incredible to say the least. I would argue that it is a healthy juxtaposition of brilliant and caring people who run there customer service department. However, there are always those bag eggs that seem to make the judgment in the end. In a series of three interviews the first went smoothly, but in the second the interviewer kept asking me "do you really want this job." To which I answered, yes! He kept pressing that my experience was more active and that a desk job could be too "slow" for me.

All in all the company is fantastic but the team you choose is important.

Interview Questions

• "What would you change about the health insurance industry, and why?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health in July 2014.

Interview

It was a longer-process than I'm used to - online application, phone screen, in-person interview and then one more final interview. But overall, each step was positive and left me with a different perspective on various parts of the company. Got a good sense of what they were looking for in the application + phone screen, got to meet four different people during my in-person interview, and then got a better sense of company vision during the last interview. Definitely not like any other customer service role I've applied for; it was clear this process was evaluating me as a future long-term partner in the company, not just any other customer service employee.

Interview Questions

• What's something I read outside of work recently that piqued my interest.   Answer Question