Oscar Health Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oscar Health Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Oscar Health

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I was not impressed. The recruitment team seems to be all over the place.

After being emailed immediately for a phone screen, my phone screen 3 weeks later was canceled and rescheduled. It was then rescheduled again, during which the recruiter spent 5 minutes blasting through a script. She verbally sounded dead and I felt like I was interviewing for a position that didn’t exist anymore.

I had no chance to explain anything. If the operations team is focused on process improvement - I’d tell them to spend time on process improving Oscar’s HR function.

Interview Questions

Oscar Health Response

Jun 29, 2018 – Talent Brand

Thank you for providing that feedback! We are so disappointed to hear that your interview experience with us was less than optimal. Our recruiters are regularly trained on the importance of timeliness, transparency and personability. It sounds like many of those elements were missing in this exchange and, as such, you left feeling less than valued and respected. This feedback has been forwarded to senior leaders on our talent acquisiton team and will be addressed in our next team meeting. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you the best in your job search!

Other Interview Reviews for Oscar Health

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health.

Interview

Applied online without referral.

1) 30 min phone call with recruiter
    2) 30 min phone call with manager: a case, discussing most technical project, questions about team and role
    3) Half day of interviews with 6 team members: a case interview, behavioral interview, technical interview (SQL and Excel), meeting the manager, debate/discussion interview, meeting team director

I loved interviewing with the team - you can really tell how passionate, hardworking, and whip smart they all are. It was a no-brainer to accept the offer.

My recruiter communicated clearly with me throughout the process. He checked in several times (as my on-site was rescheduled). Moreover, he really pulled for me and got the salary and benefits that I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most technical project.   1 Answer

Apr 17, 2018 – HR Admin Coordinator

Thank for your feedback, we’re happy to have join the Oscar family!

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got a message from recruiter to schedule an interview with the Senior Recruiter. As I was graduating and later traveling with my parents, I asked to push it ahead by 1 week as I would not have been able to justice to the interview. The Recruiter who was scheduling was really nice and responsive. I was super excited as the role matches my profile, skills, and experience perfectly. I learned a lot about the company by reading articles on how it works, HBR case studies and each and every piece of the document available on their site. On the day of the interview, I get a call and the senior recruiter asks me only 3 questions and she seemed very disinterested. It appeared that they had already selected someone for the role and interview was just a formality. I was trying to tell her about why I want to join Oscar and ask about her experience working over there, but answers were just one - two worded and pretty disinterested. She said she will ask the manager and let me know. And I get to reject this morning. I feel the company having a consumer-centric approach and revolutionalizing health insurance needs to pay attention to their hiring process as they are expanding. I am really disappointed and I don't think I would ever apply for a role over there in future even if I can make a significant impact and help them. Hope someone from the company reads this and implements the feedback. :)

Interview Questions

• Why this role? Any offers? Salary expectations? What kind of work environment are you expecting?   Answer Question

Jun 5, 2018 – HR Admin Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback (and yes, we’re reading this!). As our Recruiting team continues meeting with candidates, it’s vital that we maintain a positive candidate experience for all. I’m sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than positive - we will relay this feedback to our team for review. Thank you, again, and best of luck on your next endeavor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and pleasant. The entire process took about 1 month and consisted of a call with the recruiter, a call with a senior manager, and a 4.5 hour on-site interview with 6 current employees. The phone interview questions revolved primarily around process improvement examples that you've worked on. The on-site interview is a mix of behavioral (culture fit, leadership, "Tell me about a time when...") and technical (process improvement, SQL). Talking to each of 6 team members gave me a good idea of what the position entailed and they are all pretty honest about their experiences at the company. The people care about their work and care about who they bring into the company.

Interview Questions

Oscar Health Response

Jun 29, 2018 – Talent Brand

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us! We so appreciate your time and feedback and wish you the very best in your job search.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was reached by their HR and scheduled TWICE for an initial phone call with a recruiter. She DID NOT call TWICE, although I had cleared my schedule for that phone call. I was extremely frustrated and puzzled by how unprofessional this is. I sent the HR an email explaining that I did not receive the phone call the first time and that I would be available for the next 60 minutes. Nothing! She apologized and said that the recruiter tried to reach me but I didn't pick up! I was in fact a little offended by that. I was BY MY PHONE and had never experienced any issues receiving calls before. I was receiving phone calls before AND after the scheduled phone call.! In any case, I decided to reschedule for a second time and guess what? The recruiter DID NOT CALL!! I sent an email explaining what happened .. AGAIN .. the HR told me that the person who was supposed to call me is actually OOO and that there has been a confusion about the schedule. I mean, how hard it can be to manage something like that and get it RIGHT? She apologized and rescheduled me for the next day. The recruiter finally called on time! The interview took about 15 minutes. The recruiter was rushing the call and that was very strange to me. Went over the role and the company then went over my background and what's in my resume and BANG done. Told me that she would schedule me for a second interview with a "manager" the next week. That didn't happen. Two days after that phone call, I received an email telling me that they decided to move on with another candidate.! I was actually relieved simply because if this is how they treat potential employees before I even get through their door, it would definitely be a lot worse after that point. Horrible experience and a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Oscar Health Response

Jun 5, 2018 – Talent Brand

Thank you for providing that feedback! We're so sorry to hear that your interview experience with us was less than optimal. While technological issues are par for course for any remote communication, there is no excuse for poorly scheduled meetings. We deeply respect and appreciate the time of all of our candidates and apologize if this interview mix up suggested otherwise. We will use this feedback to reinforce the importance of timeliness to our talent acquisition team. Further, while our recruiters do reserve the right to decide whether or not we'll move forward with any particular candidate, it is their responsibility to set explicit and appropriate expectations for next steps and it doesn't sound like that was done effectively in this case. We will use this feedback to further that cause and to ensure that this is not a repeated incident. Thanks again for your feedback and best of luck in your search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health (Tempe, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was reached out to a few days later about a phone screen. Phone screen was quick and painless. Was told I would hear back in a few days about what their decision was. Received an email as promised.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when you overcame difficulty at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty positive and smooth for the first two rounds, which were phone screenings. First round was basic behavioral questions, and the second was a brief case study.

After that, within two days I got the request for an on-site interview scheduled after two weeks. Everything was fine until I received a call four days from the interview that the team won't be hiring anyone for the role this year and that my interview has been cancelled.

This was a big blow as I had spent a lot of time preparing for the on-site interview. Otherwise the recruiters were very helping, friendly and supportive.

Interview Questions

Oscar Health Response

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Admin Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback! We understand that it must’ve been extremely disappointing to hear that the role had been closed - we share that sentiment. However, the hiring team is deeply appreciative of your time and consideration and look forward to working together in the future.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health.

Interview

Had such a positive view of this company, but that quickly changed after my final interview. The process began with a phone screening, followed by another phone interview, and then an in-person interview at their office in NYC. The in-person interview was with 5 different members of the team that ranged from basic behavioral questions to a SQL-based assessment. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, and HR was incredibly efficient and responsive throughout the process. HOWEVER, after my final interview, everything went down hill.

I was told I would hear back within a week. After two weeks without any word, I emailed asking for an update. There was no response. Over the course of two months, I sent three or four emails that went unanswered. The one response I did get said they were re-evaluating what they're looking for in the position and that they would make a final decision the following week. The next day, I saw that they reposted job on Linkedin with requirement changes. It wasn't until 4 weeks later after that that I finally received a rejection email/phone call.

They also forgot to reimburse me my travel expenses for two months, even after I emailed the recruiter about it.

I have no problem dealing with rejection, but the disorganization and lack of transparency was a real turn off. Don't tell candidates that they'll hear back within a week but not contact them until two months later. I understand things change, but at least keep your candidates updated rather than having complete radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Pick a process in your daily life that you would want to make most efficient. What are some specific ways in which you would improve on this process?   Answer Question

Jul 12, 2017 – Talent Brand

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so sorry to hear that a recruiter did not follow up with you sooner regarding a hiring decision. Our hiring teams know the importance of preparation, polish and timeliness. You should not have been kept in the dark for so long. We will use this feedback to reinforce those values and ensure that this is not a repeated incident. Further, we apologize if you were not correctly informed about our reimbursement policy and timeline. Generally, we tell candidates to allow for up to 30 days (or two payroll cycles) for a reimbursement to be processed. On some, rare occasions reimbursement may take a bit longer, if the information initially submitted was inaccurate or incomplete. In any case, your recruiter should have been in touch with you at every step of the way to help expedite this process. We will use this feedback to set clearer expectations with our candidates upfront regarding their travel reimbursements, and I am providing feedback to the recruiter on this instance. Thanks, again, for your feedback and if there's anything further you'd like to add, please don't hesitate to reach out at experience@hioscar.com.
     - Kerry, VP of Talent / People

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on site interview. Most interviewers are friendly and helpful. They give you several cases and 1 technical test. But they didn't offer any feedback so there is no reason why you are rejected.

Interview Questions

• could you describe a case how you could optimize a operation?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health in June 2017.

Interview

Very efficient communication with HR, who were really good about keeping me updated and taking time to make sure I knew exactly what was going on in the process. My interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and 2 in-person interviews (each time I went in for around 4 hours). Loved meeting the team - everyone was very friendly and open. Had several case studies but no technical questions.