Oscar Health Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oscar Health Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Oscar Health

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially applied online and didn't hear back for almost 2 months. Received an email to setup a 30 minute phone screen, nothing difficult, just conversation and a fairly simple case study. Next was an onsite interview a week later with some members of the team, this took about 3 hours. Again, nothing too crazy, received a lot of case studies and "why do you want to do this?" questions. Team seemed very smart and personable. Ended up not getting an offer due to lack of direct Product Management experience.

Interview Questions

• Design the back end process necessary to successfully deliver insurance cards to members once they sign up   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Oscar Health

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen was promptly 30 minutes. Standard questions with a situation and how would you handle approach. Invited for a 2.5 hour on site interview afterwards.

First on site, interviewed with 5 people. Lots of situation handling scenarios. Spoke with someone from HR who assured me he would be the primary point of contact through "the rest of the process". That was the last I heard from him.

Had a second on site where the theme was to ask me what I wanted. It was bizarre. The HR person had zero involvement, which especially here would have helped coordinate whatever miscommunication clearly was happening.

The last person I was supposed to interview with left to catch a flight before speaking. Good planning?

Reached out twice afterwards to get some indication from them and they just stopped responding.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the logic in a phone tree so a phone was always routed to the right state representative, without the user inputting anything?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oscar Health (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

HR Screening call,

Two Calls with Product Managers.
    - one from Product Chief of Staff
    - one from potential hiring manager / colleague

Onsite
    3 Senior Product Managers
    1 Direct of Product Management
    1 Engineering
    Close out with Recruiting Lead

As others described, a fairly straightforward PM interview, I am interviewing at large tech companies and in later rounds. Oscar on site is comparable to the phone screens at the big tech companies. After leaving Oscar, I was willing to remove myself from the tech company pipelines as I am extremely excited about Oscar's mission.

My last interview was with my potential Hiring Manger, and I left feeling like I had great rapport with the individual.

I sent thank you notes the next day, which was the last I heard from the recruiter.

I reached out a week later requesting an update and willing to set-up a quick call (the recruiter's suggestion) only to get an auto reply from their recruiting software saying they would be moving forward with candidates that fit more closely with their needs. I also noted their was a call that went straight to my voicemail that shared that response.

I reached back for feedback but was left in the dust. Quite frustrating and shares sentiments with other interviewees that have posted here.

Honestly if Oscar had called me in a timely manner and/provided feedback I would have a fine experience, instead this left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Case Study questions related to problems that are specific to Oscar. (Circles Framework)
      Questions related to what you have been doing in Product Management (STAR)
      Questions related to how you partner Engineering. (STAR)

Questions related to times you have failed.

Case study around how to fit with legacy infrastructure (Like if you made a scheduling application that needed to connect to a doctors calendar where you dont want to worry about APIs, how would you do that)

Use Circles framework and STAR   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health in December 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter for a short chat, then was scheduled for an interview. The interviewer had very low energy, which it made a conversation quite difficult to have. She did not realize I had no previous PM experience, which is clear by looking at my resume, and it was obvious she was done with me once she learned that. Not a good interview experience and I wish expectations were properly set beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a system to ensure health cards were mailed out to people within X days?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar Health.

Interview

I must have been unlucky because I got stuck in a loop of interviews that spanned several months, during which several roles had closed. Scheduling was a nightmare. I'd get scheduled for calls 2.5+ weeks out each time. By the time I was finally brought in for an in-person, I was being considered for a third role. While I feel like I interviewed well, it's obviously a competitive company for product, and I wasn't the best fit. It's frustrating to think about the opportunities I may have missed because of all the scheduling delays.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews all come with cases. They are more complex than I am used to handling on a 45 min call, so that was a bit different for me. Otherwise, pretty standard and my biggest complaint is with the process in general.   1 Answer

Oscar Health Response

Jul 2, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry about the changes around scheduling and the slow pace of your interview experience with us. We value your time as a candidate and can understand how the length of your interviews would be frustrating. We have brought this feedback to our Recruiting team to improve our process. We wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors.