Oscar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oscar

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email and then had a 45 minute phone interview with email follow up. The recruiter was very polite and helpful. It didn't end up being a match but it was a thoughtful experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail how your current position relates to the job you are applying to.   Answer Question

Oscar Response

Jun 9, 2017 – Digital Marketing Assistant

Hi there. We think that you might have reviewed the wrong company - we actually don't have an office in New York. Good luck in your job search! Kind regards, Gemma, Digital Marketing Assistant

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Very poor experience overall. As some one who is looking to get into recruiting, this whole experience was very tactless. Firstly. After applying multiple times over the course of months, the recruiter reached out to me multiple times to set up phone interviews and asking for a good time for a call, and each time never called. I had to keep reaching out to her to follow up on her initial email to give me a phone screen. The Internal talent team for this company is based in the UK, so I even offered to adjust my schedule to hers in order to finally get a call, as I live in Houston. After months of playing email tag I finally got her to call me for my initial phone screen I was contacted about- Firstly. When I answered the phone. The first thing she asked was to do FaceTime instead so she could “hear” better. This caught me off guard, as we had been chatting and she could have offered me a video interview before hand so I could have been better prepared. Even though I was not 100% in the position to FaceTime at the time, I complied and said it was fine. Once she called me, I couldn’t help but noticed what seemed like a disdainful look on her face. It wasn’t welcoming and I kind of got the vibe that it probably wouldn’t end in my favor based on the unpleasant look she gave me. First thing I was asked was if I lived alone. Like what? I told her in fact I did and she said she didn’t see how I did it and joked that would probably get lonely for her. I did not find the question relevant whatsoever and found her comment even more strange. She asked me questions like why I wanted to get into recruiting and asked them as if she was just checking off a boxes. Did not seem interested in learning about me, my skills and qualifications, or in trying to sell me on the job itself or the company. Seemed as if she only called just to say she did and asked questions with no real purpose behind them. FaceTime ended with her telling me she would email me more information (of course which I never got), and me having to ask what potential next steps would be.
    I knew once I picked up the phone I wasn’t what she was looking for ( For whatever reason that was, hopefully it wasn’t because of the color of my skin), After months of anticipating being considered by this company, I felt as if I didn’t not get a fair shot or opportunity. I hope the recruiting efforts of their internal staff does not reflect the kind of recruiting this company does for their clientele. Not sure how this company prides themselves on providing recruiting excellence, but their talent acquisition staff provides this kind of experience to candidates who express interest in working for them. Hopefully this review hopes them provide a better experience to their candidates in the future. Entire process was inefficient and disorganized to say the least

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Competency based interview. Had a conversation with their inhouse recruiting team, they asked a number of questions regarding intentions and relevant competencies to the role. They spoke very fast and seemed as if they were looking to catch you out.

Interview Questions

Oscar Response

Apr 4, 2019 – Digital Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

We ask competency based questions in order for us to qualify individuals correctly for the position; the intention is never to catch anyone out, but for us to assess an individuals suitability which we measure via our competency framework.

We apologise if the interview questions were delivered too fast. Thank you for making us aware and this will be taken on board for future interviews.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oscar (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Got the interview through an agency. The person who talked to me was half my age immature, rude and disrespectful with obviously no experience with international people. The office was more of a call centre than a recruitment agency.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oscar (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Fantastic process and feedback. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process. Internal recruiters Emily and Mel were friendly and took my thoughts into consideration. I loved the fact they presented me the offer with a presentation and went into details about their training programme. Great atmosphere and staff!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oscar (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

Informal phone interview was thorough and was not only asking me questions about becoming a recruitment consultant but also gave me the chance to ask whatever questions I had. It was mainly focused on me as a person and whether I would enjoy the role.

The next stage was a face-to-face interview with the Internal Talent Consultant at OSCAR, who I had already spoken to on the phone at the previous stage. Questions were pretty similar to those on the phone, and was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have demonstrated resilience.   1 Answer

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oscar in April 2019.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with an internal recruiter from their Manchester offices. The lady I spoke to was warm and chatty but the conversation felt a little scripted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my university experience   1 Answer

Mr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a two stage interview process, stage number one I sat down with the Managing Director of the company and discussed my background and mutual hobbies, I recently moved back from Dubai after working there for 2 years so had an immediate talking point as an ex collegue had recently moved out there who I happened to know, After speaking with the MD I then spoke to two managers who where looking to expand their team.

After speaking about myself and recent experiences I was brought back for A second interview where I completed a role play with the director.

Interview Questions

• Why recruitment? What makes a good recruiter in my eyes?   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oscar (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone call to get to know you and what makes you suited to the role.
    Video interview to answer 3 questions about why you're suited to role.
    Face to face interview, repeat of previous questions in more depth and q&a with 2 managers

Interview Questions

• What difficulties do you think there are in recruitment?   Answer Question