Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP Interview Questions

Interviews at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP in July 2016.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Law Clerk Interview

Interview

Everyone was very nice and professional. I met about 3-4 differently people and they all seemed incredibly smart, competent, etc.They let me know really soon that they were no longer interested, so that was respectful and humane.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was with the Manager of the firm rather than with the senior lawyers because what I've learned is that the second interview would have been with the lawyers, should the first one got cleared;

It seems that their hiring and interview process is not transparent at all;

The lady (the Manager) who interviewed me seem demotivated and rather asked me simple questions;

At the end she discouraged me about the position which I was surprised of; she said normally people don't stay in this job and leave ... and appears that she asserted that the work is boring (as she mentioned indirectly);

Overall, it seems they already found someone and instead called me just for administrative purpose and may be for their equality and diversity report which I found really unethical for such a law firm.

Interview Questions

• Very simple; it was as if the lady did not want to interview and did not even look me at my place.   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed by secretarial manager and others conducted on the couch in by reception. Relaxed atmosphere and basically a good overall interview. Wasn't too long and I felt comfortable with the questions given to me. They explained that I would get 2 weeks of training if I was hired and basically a short description of the amount of people working at the firm. Overall a good interview.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most difficult experience in the workplace and how did you manage it.   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the firm?   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted around 40 minutes. Very detailed questions regarding why you want to work there, why change your job, why applied for grad school; Recruiter was nice and seemed to take detailed notes.

Interview Questions

• Is it the right career path for you?   1 Answer

Proposal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online - fairly easy and received a response in 3 days. In person interview, then a technical interview a week later, then one last interview. I found the job posting to not be as clear so the first interview felt a lot like confirming duties and roles. Technical interview was fairly simple, but time consuming. Lastly, the final interview felt more like a "congrats" and tour of the office and to meet team.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Everyone was very nice and professional. I met about 3-4 differently people and they all seemed incredibly smart, competent, etc... The culture was very polite, courteous and professional. The whole process lasted about 90 minutes. They let me know really soon that they were no longer interested, so that was respectful and humane.

Summer Law Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was an on-campus interview or "OCI". The second stage took place over three consecutive days in Toronto. There were three interview appointments where I was interviewed by various partners, associates and articling students of the firm. In addition, there was a dinner on one of the nights where all of the candidates were invited to mingle with partners and associates. At 5pm on the last day, you find out if you received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions related to previous experiences that were listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Document Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

After simple hour phone interview, was booked for in-person Microsoft Word testing. Fairly simple if you're knowledgeable with Word/formatting documents.

Staff front reception - Not warm and friendly
    HR Support Staff - Very friendly and professional
    Office is gorgeous
    Training Staff (Word computer room) Very friendly and helpful
    HR Consultant doing interview- Very Friendly and warm/professional

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to our firm?   2 Answers

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2019.

Interview

First part - short conversation with the recruiter. Recruiter was very pleasant and professional. Second part of the interview was a test on Microsoft Word skills and drafting correspondence.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality? Have you ever made a mistake and how you handled it   Answer Question