Otsuka Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Otsuka Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Otsuka

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Otsuka (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Protracted Interview Process - some done virtually, some done in person. The Manager offered lots of information about the organizational structure and culture. The in person interviews with other partners were standard and behavioral based - some with little to contribute others with more. Upon leaving, the recruiter indicated she would be in touch within a few weeks upon their final decision. After I sent the standatd thank you emails and several followup emails to inquire on status, did not hear a single peep. Not even peep.

Interview Questions

• What is something others would say you could work to improve.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Otsuka

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Otsuka (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I applied through their website and HR recruiter got in contact with me within a week to schedule a phone screen. Not only was recruiter late to call me, but was also rude and wanted to rush things. She did not want small talk and wanted to ask specific duties right away. You can probably get away with preparing yes/no answers; briefly describe your duties; say what made you interested in the position.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Otsuka (Rockville, MD) in August 2009.

Interview

Everything was extremely professional and efficient. I found the job listed on a professional job board and applied online. I was contacted 3 weeks later by an HR representative, who scheduled me for a phone screen a few days later. About 1 week after that I was invited to a full day interview, during which I gave a presentation, was taken out to lunch with a large group, and had several one-on-one meetings with the team, including potential direct reports and the hiring manager. It was a difficult day only in the sense that it's tiring to be "on", making first impressions for an entire day, but everyone was friendly and intelligent. I was offered the position and loved working there.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you ask one of your direct reports to do something, and they don't do it. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company is committed to competitive salaries, so I wouldn't worry about it. One way in which the HR rep treated me very well was that due to inexperience I initially quoted a salary number that was way too low (20% lower than the eventual offer). After doing some research I wrote an email asking if I could revise that number upward. She named a $10K range, I said that sounded fine, and the offer came in right at the middle of the range.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Otsuka (Princeton, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a panel of 6 directors. All 30 minute individual interviews. The interviewers were professional and asked great questions. All provided helpful information regarding the company. Only recommend that the interview process be shortened. One full day of interviewing is hard on any candidate.