Our Lady of the Lake University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Our Lady of the Lake University

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Our Lady of the Lake University (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Conference call with three faculty members. They asked some standard interview questions. They also introduced the teaching load of the position I applied for. They asked whether I can teach in the evening or weekend. Nothing special. The call lasted about 20 - 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with diversity? What’s the diversity experience do you have?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Our Lady of the Lake University (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I had found out about this position through networking. I applied, and was contacted about a week after application to schedule an interview (this is MUCH faster than usual). It was a typical tenure-track assistant professor interview -- meet with department, meet with dean, meet with provost, meet with students, and give a sample lecture. I was offered the position about 1 month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Given my hardcore research background with no undergraduate teaching, they asked if I would be able to teach the material in a way that undergrads could understand it. Along with this, they asked me to explain my research. (As an example of my ability to bring the explanation down for less technical audiences)   1 Answer

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Our Lady of the Lake University (San Antonio, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. We got down to business quickly as we both knew what we wanted. The higher ed industry uses certain proprietary software so it is common to hire from another university where the employees are already familiar with the software. That makes interviewing easy. I am sure that the interviewer had already done a thorough background check on me and my references before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you faced and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question