Outback Steakhouse Food Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Food Server Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Goleta, CA).

Interview

Turn in application. Get a call. it is a serving job. They will just tell you to about the company. it was pleasant. there is nothing more to say. it was easy, don't be dumb. is this enough?

Interview Questions

• They just go over the basics to make sue you aren't too dumb.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Overland Park, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

I met the owner at the resturant through a other server I had previously worked with. We had a short interview and he set me up an interview with one of the managers. When I met up with her about 4 days later she had the standard questions. Name my pros and cons. Name a bad experience with a guest and how did i handel it ect....... Then I was hired and put on a 4 day training schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working in a resturant? Name pros and cons. Why did I leave last resturant ? How do you feel you would be an asset to this company ?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in January 2014.

Interview

Everything you'd expect to make sure you were a qualified worker were present. My interviewer originally wanted me to start as a host, then go to takeaway, then to serving. However, I was able to talk my way into serving right away because I saw something that the interviewer did not bring with them; their guard. Any person can walk off on the street and wow someone, but they took a risk which I would advise against. I have done a great job so far, and the interviewer doesn't regret it. However, what if that didnt happen?

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was why I would be good at working there; I had never worked in a restaurant like this before so I had to think of it during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my starting position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Waikïkï, HI) in November 2012.

Interview

It was pleasant and quick. I was a transfer from another location so it was just a matter of checking who I was. I had previously worked with the hiring manager at my previous store, so he remembered me. I was interviewed by two managers and the proprietor, so I knew I had gotten approved for transfer. It was a good day.

Interview Questions

• There was a false claim, associated with my transfer (my old proprietor made derogatory claims so I wouldn't be able to get approved for transfer). Luckily I had already previously worked with the hiring manager before, so he knew the claims were false, and he asked me personally instead of automatically believing the other manager. The false claims were out of my character, and absolutely IN, her character...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Greensboro, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was mostly laid back and I was interviewed by the two proprietors of the restaurant. Then I had to take a menu test which was lengthy and I got the job a day after

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      What is your past experience where you had to multitask?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Palm Bay, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and brought a copy of my application to my interview. The employer asked some basic interview questions. He then asked me what experience I had to offer. After that he dismissed me. He called me later that evening and offered me the job! It is a good job and an easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The employer told me the hours and what I would get paid. There was no room to change and ask for what I wanted. They are strict on their budget.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was given almost immediately after turning in the application. Questions were asked and scored. The tone was pretty casual and conversational. Questions were asked about sales tactics, customer service, talking about how you've gone out of your way to help other people, etc. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Hunt Valley, MD) in June 2010.

Interview

My interview process was over 3 years ago so forgive me if I can't remember everything in detail. From what I do recollect, there was a personality and general competency test. Both are fairly easy if you do, in fact, have the right temperament for the restaurant industry and the customer relations involved. You'll go through a few interviews both with managers and the proprietor of the restaurant. Dress nicely and present yourself well. You generally will not start out as a server unless you have previous serving experience at another OB location. I was fortunate enough to be hired as a server without such experience but this is not commonplace.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions but the one piece of advice I will give you is this -- the answer to essentially all questions is "get a manager" -- Outback Steakhouse is incredibly cognizant of their customer relations and will go out of their way to make the customer experience as smooth as possible. The managers present will handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. You'll get the bare minimum (for myself in Maryland, it was $3.70 an hour) and make most of your money in tips. For those just starting as a server, you'll be put in the worst sections at first and make about $50-60 in tips average. Once you get your feet wet, you'll be put into better sections and make upwards of $80-100 depending on what night it is.

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Ormond Beach, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

The proprietor believes that If he asks enough "what if" questions he will throw you. He told a guest that he acts like the biggest jerk he can and if the candidate can keep a smile on their face he'll probably hire them. No eye contact at all!

Interview Questions

• If you have a tray with food ready to go out for a table of 4 and you notice one of the steaks is overlooked what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Food Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in May 2009.

Interview

Casual interview both with the assistant manager and the general manager