Outback Steakhouse Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

1.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Applied online, went in to introduce myself to the managers, they told me to come back another day. Came back, took 45 minuted for the manager to come out and actually talk to me. I was then asked to come back in another day to talk to another manager. It went well, but it was very unorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Standard online application, I called a few days after to follow up with a manager. The interview was very straight forward with general questions. I was offered the job after speaking with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do in (insert situation here)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Garner, NC).

Interview

I applied to Outback for the Host position. The process took around 2 days. The interview was fairly simple. The manager asked the typical hiring questions. The interview was short and took around 15 minutes. The employees were friendly and even wished me luck. However, I did not get the job, presumably because they found someone with work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Three interviews all very informative. The group interview was more about information for safety and sanitation . They're just looking for dedicated flexible people with people skills who can stand for long periods of time

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later asking me to come in and interview. The interview was very casual and I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Sugar Land, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager, then interviewed by a second. It was quick and the questions were clear. There were no complaints The process was thorough and the managers appeared to like me, so they were happy to add me to the team.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work here?
      Q. When are you able to work?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Went in-person asked for application from the front host. Came back a couple days later and was interviewed by a manager on the spot. Should go before the place gets busy. Managers will give you more attention that way.

Interview Questions

• Asked couple generic questions about previous employers, schedules, school, etc   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Applied online, called in for an interview, set up a second interview, offered the job. The entire hiring process was incredibly fast and streamlined. After being hired, there were training shifts and an orientation that were required. While this section took about 3 weeks to complete, it was fairly straightforward. Overall, the experience was okay. The managers and staff were polite and friendly during the interview/ hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief, asked if I had previous experience, and how well I worked with people. We talked about the main traits one needs when they work in the food industry especially restraunts. He went over the requirements of the job and asked me to sell an object.

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Destin, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and then about three weeks later, I was called and asked to interview. I was giving a one on one interview with the Front of House Manager. It lasted about 15 minutes, and I was offered the job immediately after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled conflict with coworkers in one of your past jobs   Answer Question