Outback Steakhouse Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Hostess Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

1.8

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview about a week after I applied. The hiring manager asked primarily guest service questions. He was nice, but really chatty. He asked if I was interested in being a server. I told him no, only the hostess position. He said he would contact me if they chose me for the position.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get a call back because I didn't want to be a server. If they only needed servers, they shouldn't have put out a job ad for a hostess.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Easley, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief and interesting. Manager was nice and helpful and enjoyed talking with him. Process was easy and quick. No problem with interview but they wanted to know how often I could work.

Interview Questions

• When I could start and how was my schedule to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (York, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy, typical questions were asked. I was hired and started training that day. The interview was one on one and the manager was very friendly. It was not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced a problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The area that I applied to at Outback Steakhouse had amazing managers and workers. I applied in store when there were less customers and a manager immediately took me to the side and interviewed me. Super nice guy and we scheduled another meeting to meet the other managers. Had no experience and got hired! :)

Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (DeSoto, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It took about a month to get a call back but when I did everything started moving very quickly. the interview was very easy and my orientation got scheduled really fast. The interview only took long because I got hired on the spot and had to fill out the initial hiring papers. All the other paperwork is filled out during orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Asked about my work experience, why I wanted to work there, how I think I could be an asset, gave me scenarios to see how I would handle situations, talked about the company's values and goals

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good in a restaurant setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   1 Answer
    • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   1 Answer
    • why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Christiansburg, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very easy. it happened in two parts and it went very quickly. they hired a lot of college students so the process was very easy since turnover was decent due to graduating students. they did a good job of keeping the flow going

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for us? when can you work? can you work on weekends? can you work on holidays? do you have experience in serving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Wayne, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Apply online
    Call in or usually they call to follow up
    Go in for a scheduled interview where you sit down with the hiring manager
    The questions are not too hard just regular
    Whole process is very easy and quick
    Very laid back do not worry
    If they like you they tell you and hire you then and there or will most likley call

Interview Questions

• Why outback?
      Any restaurant experience?
      Are you good with people?
      Are you willing to help servers and bartenders as well?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Johns Creek, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Do the online application then call to set up an interview. Generally will get hired within first or second interview depending on if the proprietor is there. Very easy generic interview. Primarily discuss your availability and job experience.