Outback Steakhouse Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

1.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Burleson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burleson, TX).

Interview

Super short and easy, simple questions about how you think you would help the company and your goals. What you would like to offer to the company and if your wanting to grow in the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview about a week after I applied. The hiring manager asked primarily guest service questions. He was nice, but really chatty. He asked if I was interested in being a server. I told him no, only the hostess position. He said he would contact me if they chose me for the position.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get a call back because I didn't want to be a server. If they only needed servers, they shouldn't have put out a job ad for a hostess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Easley, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief and interesting. Manager was nice and helpful and enjoyed talking with him. Process was easy and quick. No problem with interview but they wanted to know how often I could work.

Interview Questions

• When I could start and how was my schedule to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bayside, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Bayside, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I had a phone interview. After that, i had an in person interview with one of the managers. He was very nice and offered me the job in person once the interview was over.

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (York, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy, typical questions were asked. I was hired and started training that day. The interview was one on one and the manager was very friendly. It was not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced a problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The area that I applied to at Outback Steakhouse had amazing managers and workers. I applied in store when there were less customers and a manager immediately took me to the side and interviewed me. Super nice guy and we scheduled another meeting to meet the other managers. Had no experience and got hired! :)

Anonymous Employee in DeSoto, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (DeSoto, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It took about a month to get a call back but when I did everything started moving very quickly. the interview was very easy and my orientation got scheduled really fast. The interview only took long because I got hired on the spot and had to fill out the initial hiring papers. All the other paperwork is filled out during orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Asked about my work experience, why I wanted to work there, how I think I could be an asset, gave me scenarios to see how I would handle situations, talked about the company's values and goals

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good in a restaurant setting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Melbourne, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, just asked questions and if you got a 2nd interview you got the job. it was the general manager and the owner, it was in a trailer since they were building the restaurant. the interview was serious and straight forward about your skills and why you want the job.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

its was more of an outgoing and relaxed process.i called them after a week of applying and got an interview the next day because i introduced myself instead of waiting for them to find my application and i only have retail experience.my first interview was with the manager and she just asked ,why would i want to work at outback.after a bit of talking and complimenting she said i need to see next with proprietor.My second interview went just a great.she was outgoing and honest.she then proceeded to have my application in hand and she asked about 5 questions and immediately said i'm hired.they were mostly scenario question like ,"describe a time.."

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer asked for something you couldn't provide and how you handled it and your manager complimented you on it.   1 Answer
    • how do you thing your manager would describe your work style?   1 Answer
    • why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer
    • describe a time where you worked around a fast paced environment and how you provided for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none