Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Garland, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I showed up and the manager sat me at a table and asked me a few questions, said I seemed like an amazing person, and hired me on the spot.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Garner, NC).

Interview

I applied to Outback for the Host position. The process took around 2 days. The interview was fairly simple. The manager asked the typical hiring questions. The interview was short and took around 15 minutes. The employees were friendly and even wished me luck. However, I did not get the job, presumably because they found someone with work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview about a week after I applied. The hiring manager asked primarily guest service questions. He was nice, but really chatty. He asked if I was interested in being a server. I told him no, only the hostess position. He said he would contact me if they chose me for the position.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get a call back because I didn't want to be a server. If they only needed servers, they shouldn't have put out a job ad for a hostess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Victorville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Three different short "interviews" which could've easily (preferably) have been condensed into one. First one was super short, and mostly consisted of the manager telling me his own personal career history, not too much focus on mine. after that I had to go home and take an assessment test online then email manager that it was completed. I got a call back the next day to meet with proprietor the following day, nice personality and I felt more at ease. It seemed to have gone well and he asked me to return for third interview the next day. It was again with original manager. Interviews consist of them reading random questions out loud to you from a booklet they have. I felt it was difficult to process as if they were being read from a script. Was very cold and clinical. They might as well have a robot doing it because they don't seem to pay any attention to your personality or the application you filled out or your resume. As they ask the questions and you answer they write something down, I'm assuming scoring your answers. After I jumped through the hoops making it there early for 3 in a row In the end I felt like I wasted all that time, not to mention feeling like a dolt trying to come up with answers to the most banal questions. Would have probably felt better about it had I not had to make so many trips and waste my gas getting there. The feeling that just because your answer or answers didn't add up to the right amount of points makes you unqualified is, to me, a joke. I'm sure they lose a lot of potentially great employees because of this method.

Interview Questions

• Things like:
      1) What has gone wrong while you were on a previous job, what did you do to correct it and what was the outcome?
      2) What did you dislike the most about your previous job, what actions did you take to alleviate it? What were the results of your action?
      The question were ridiculous if you ask me, and that's probably why I did not get a call back after the final interview. They were things that you might be thinking about after work that day that they happened, but not to pull an answer on the fly, especially when you are already nervous or uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Friendly, one on one interactions. Very detailed overview of the company and process. Interview process was communicated clearly. I was offered ample opportunity to ask questions and clarify and questions that I had. Although I didn't proceed past this round I found the whole experience positive.

Managing Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Took multiple calls and emails to setup the interview. As an internal applicant, I feel more effort should have been spent with followup. Most applications only resulted in a auto generated email with no followup. The process by which applicants are chosen seems to be unclear. Qualified applicants aren't always considered for applied positions.

Interview Questions

• What would be your main focus if entering a store as a new partner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called the next day to set up an interview. Went in and was asked 'form' questions. Sandy didn't really seem interested while interviewing me. Stated the interview process was three interviews with the final interview with the owner and for me to call back later that evening to check my status. Called back but she stated they chose someone else. Hiring one person, I doubt it. I asked why not me and she stated I didn't have the computer experience. She never asked about it during the interview. I have several years restaurant and customer service experience and work full time during the day with extensive computer experience, much more than clicking buttons on a POS system. Especially now that the systems are on the tables for the patrons. Bottom line, I wasn't hired because of my age.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Burlington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The manger interviewed me for only 5 minutes and told me to go home and take a survey and that when I was finished they would call her and call me back for another interview. It has been at least two weeks and I have yet to receive another phone call.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied at the restaurant and go a call for an interview one day later. The entire process was really easy and there's nothing to be afraid of. The people that work in Outback are really good, they make you feel comfortable and easy talking.

Interview Questions

• Basic questons like: Why should I hire you, What do you know about Outback, Are you avaiable to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Spring Hill, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager the same day asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was very professional and friendly and asked me a series of questions on my interests, goals, and how I work with other people, how I deal with other coworkers, and how I handle pressure. He wasn't sure whether he wanted to hire me as a hostess or server since I had no experience but I really wanted the server position, so the next day when I came in to fill out my paperwork he had my server training pack ready and asked me again if I really wanted to serve. I'm really happy I was able to get hired on as a server with no experience. Glad to have received my training materials, going over menu items and drinks. I'll be studying all week and start my training next next Friday.

Observing the atmosphere, I noticed a lot of the coworkers seemed to have fun working there and getting along with each other. Seems like a fun and lively atmosphere and others who have worked there told me it was great.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer