Outback Steakhouse Server/Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for an interview two days later through text. Met the manager and he was very kind and asked questions more to learn who I was than about the actual restaurant. In the end I was offered a position that I didn't apply for so declined the offer. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I was referred through an employee and was asked to come in for an interview. I sat down with a front of house manager and they asked basic questions about my experience in the food industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

very unprofessional interview, the manager kept me waiting for over an hour. She did not even show up. One of the shift managers interviewed me and hired me on the spot. After 2 weeks of not hearing from them about training, I called and asked if I did in fact get the job or if it was a joke.

Interview Questions

• If i had any experience as as server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Springfield, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews both pretty general. They did tell me I was meeting a different manager than I saw though. The questions were pretty basic and I left pretty confident. One manager was half deaf literally so that did complicate the interview process but we made it through I just had to be loud.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Morgantown, WV) in May 2014.

Interview

First you must take the aptitude test, which can take a long time but as long as you answer the questions the same you will be fine. Once the test is looked over by a manager I was called in for a one on one interview. They then offered me a job on the spot. The next week I began my training first as a group then towards the end it was one on one training.

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Bowling Green, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

The o yer Jew was quite brief. I had a friend that worked there so I pretty much had the job. I just needed to impress the manager with a customer service type personality. I think I did well. Keep eye contact and smile a lot.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

First you have an individual interview where they go over your resume, job history, etc. Then I had a group interview with three other interviewees and the proprietor, where we went over training processes and tests you have to take to be employed. After that you have four training days, each more involved than the last. Before you can start working you have to pass an extensive menu test.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Verbal interview with asst manager then second with proprieter and then tests for personality. Several tests for menu knowledge. Must know all ingredients for all dishes. Training can last up to several days.

Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Sierra Vista, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was casual, I would recommend dressing in casual business attire. Also being comfortable and easy to talk to will help in the entire process. The questions were not difficult and the entire interview process was quite laid back and lax.

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Lebanon, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview, the management spoke with me after a callback. We ran down my experience, they have very good FOH and BOH managers with excellent interpersonal skills.
    They will inquire about your availability and career desires. Most of the servers were college age.