Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I contacted the owner over the phone asking to apply and to schedule an interview. I had met the manager before and I was friendly with a few of the servers years before I started. During the interview we went over why I wanted the position, my previous experience with customer service. Discussed the position, hours, scheduling, and what the outback family is like. We discussed the type of worker I am and how I will be working with outback.

Server Interview

Interview

It was basic. Go in speak with a manager express interest in working there. Thy will ask for previous experience and if you are qualified will be given the job. Before you can start you have to complete a test on the menu items. Again, not very difficult.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Bad. Did not get a good feeling about the company at all. Too much turnover. Do not seem like good people, like they were hiding something. Went like a normal interview, normal questions, except something seemed very very off.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later asking me to come in and interview. The interview was very casual and I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Mount Pleasant, SC).

Interview

Was told about the job and then told I was already hired. Took maybe 15 minutes. We honestly did not go over any questions at all. It was extremely easy over all.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview about a week after I applied. The hiring manager asked primarily guest service questions. He was nice, but really chatty. He asked if I was interested in being a server. I told him no, only the hostess position. He said he would contact me if they chose me for the position.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get a call back because I didn't want to be a server. If they only needed servers, they shouldn't have put out a job ad for a hostess.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Typically, you'll have one interview with one of the managers and if they like you you'll be given a 2nd interview with the proprietor of the store. If you pass that, you'll start training. Training is tedious which includes a lot of online training and floor training. It can take up to a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to handle a stressful situation and what you did in the situation?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Easley, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief and interesting. Manager was nice and helpful and enjoyed talking with him. Process was easy and quick. No problem with interview but they wanted to know how often I could work.

Interview Questions

• When I could start and how was my schedule to work?   1 Answer

Curbside Takeaway Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Walked in was told about what was expected from me how I could potentially move up to becoming a server then got the offer and was told about what to wear what work hours would be etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Mainly based off tips and tip share

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Victorville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Three different short "interviews" which could've easily (preferably) have been condensed into one. First one was super short, and mostly consisted of the manager telling me his own personal career history, not too much focus on mine. after that I had to go home and take an assessment test online then email manager that it was completed. I got a call back the next day to meet with proprietor the following day, nice personality and I felt more at ease. It seemed to have gone well and he asked me to return for third interview the next day. It was again with original manager. Interviews consist of them reading random questions out loud to you from a booklet they have. I felt it was difficult to process as if they were being read from a script. Was very cold and clinical. They might as well have a robot doing it because they don't seem to pay any attention to your personality or the application you filled out or your resume. As they ask the questions and you answer they write something down, I'm assuming scoring your answers. After I jumped through the hoops making it there early for 3 in a row In the end I felt like I wasted all that time, not to mention feeling like a dolt trying to come up with answers to the most banal questions. Would have probably felt better about it had I not had to make so many trips and waste my gas getting there. The feeling that just because your answer or answers didn't add up to the right amount of points makes you unqualified is, to me, a joke. I'm sure they lose a lot of potentially great employees because of this method.

Interview Questions

• Things like:
      1) What has gone wrong while you were on a previous job, what did you do to correct it and what was the outcome?
      2) What did you dislike the most about your previous job, what actions did you take to alleviate it? What were the results of your action?
      The question were ridiculous if you ask me, and that's probably why I did not get a call back after the final interview. They were things that you might be thinking about after work that day that they happened, but not to pull an answer on the fly, especially when you are already nervous or uncomfortable.   Answer Question