Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Victorville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Three different short "interviews" which could've easily (preferably) have been condensed into one. First one was super short, and mostly consisted of the manager telling me his own personal career history, not too much focus on mine. after that I had to go home and take an assessment test online then email manager that it was completed. I got a call back the next day to meet with proprietor the following day, nice personality and I felt more at ease. It seemed to have gone well and he asked me to return for third interview the next day. It was again with original manager. Interviews consist of them reading random questions out loud to you from a booklet they have. I felt it was difficult to process as if they were being read from a script. Was very cold and clinical. They might as well have a robot doing it because they don't seem to pay any attention to your personality or the application you filled out or your resume. As they ask the questions and you answer they write something down, I'm assuming scoring your answers. After I jumped through the hoops making it there early for 3 in a row In the end I felt like I wasted all that time, not to mention feeling like a dolt trying to come up with answers to the most banal questions. Would have probably felt better about it had I not had to make so many trips and waste my gas getting there. The feeling that just because your answer or answers didn't add up to the right amount of points makes you unqualified is, to me, a joke. I'm sure they lose a lot of potentially great employees because of this method.

Interview Questions

• Things like:
      1) What has gone wrong while you were on a previous job, what did you do to correct it and what was the outcome?
      2) What did you dislike the most about your previous job, what actions did you take to alleviate it? What were the results of your action?
      The question were ridiculous if you ask me, and that's probably why I did not get a call back after the final interview. They were things that you might be thinking about after work that day that they happened, but not to pull an answer on the fly, especially when you are already nervous or uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Friendly, one on one interactions. Very detailed overview of the company and process. Interview process was communicated clearly. I was offered ample opportunity to ask questions and clarify and questions that I had. Although I didn't proceed past this round I found the whole experience positive.

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Hyattsville, MD).

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I applied online and within a month I was contacted by the location manager about an in-person interview. It took about 20 minutes. I met with the manager. We discussed my experience, my personality, and why I thought this job would be a good fit. After being hired I came back to fill out paperwork and to begin the training process.

Interview Questions

• 1.Questions about work history
      2. Tell me about yourself?
      3. Tell me about a time when..?
      4. Why Outback Steakhouse?   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for an interview two days later through text. Met the manager and he was very kind and asked questions more to learn who I was than about the actual restaurant. In the end I was offered a position that I didn't apply for so declined the offer. Great interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company?   1 Answer

Managing Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Took multiple calls and emails to setup the interview. As an internal applicant, I feel more effort should have been spent with followup. Most applications only resulted in a auto generated email with no followup. The process by which applicants are chosen seems to be unclear. Qualified applicants aren't always considered for applied positions.

Interview Questions

• What would be your main focus if entering a store as a new partner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Vestal, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Once you get past the interview it takes about a month of online classes and tests to get onto the floor to train. and the training coordinator is quite rude. She makes it the hardest to get in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Secaucus, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of April. Got called within maybe 2 weeks and had the interview the next day.
    I had to come in 3 times (two days were interviews & the third day was just to fill out forms).
    Interview was super easy and the managers were really friendly and are just looking for friendly, nice & enthusiastic workers to work within their restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Outback?   1 Answer
    • What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   1 Answer
    • Where did you work before and why did you leave?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Port Charlotte, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

was greeted properly by hostess and promptly seated to speak with a kitchen manager. very well spoken and explained that hes been with them for 9 years and more. Also spoke with store manager and got along great. i also met the owner and i have to say probably the smoothest and friendliest interview ive had

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Sugar Land, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by one manager, then interviewed by a second. It was quick and the questions were clear. There were no complaints The process was thorough and the managers appeared to like me, so they were happy to add me to the team.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work here?
      Q. When are you able to work?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

You have two interviews. Both of mine were very short. They didn't even have my application out and it seemed to me that they didn't really look at my application either. Both of my interviews were about 5 minutes each, the shortest interviews I have ever had. It was really chill. I just wore jeans, boots, a tank top and a cardigan both times.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, have I lived in the area my whole life, if I was a job hopper, what I wanted to do at the company.   Answer Question